OK, so I only really listen to Wintersun, which I love. But, I have also listened to Children of Bodom, which I Don.t really like.

I usually listen to mostly thrash metal, but I've loved Wintersun, so I'm new to melodic death metal, but trying to get into it a bit more. Please Don't Flame Me!!!

Any suggestions?
Not a huge fan of metal but Kalmah is pretty good, listen to Ready for Salvation
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Hypocrisy's most recent stuff.
Earlier In Flames
Dark Tranquility
The Absence
Arch Enemy

And every band on the thread previously mentioned.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by PatheticMedic
In Flames

Don't
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Skyfire
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Shinozoku
Hypocrisy's most recent stuff.
Earlier In Flames
Dark Tranquility
The Absence
Arch Enemy

And every band on the thread previously mentioned.

that covers most of the good one's
hmm not a big fan of melo death tho
Quote by J@Z~
OK, so I only really listen to Wintersun, which I love. But, I have also listened to Children of Bodom, which I Don.t really like.

I usually listen to mostly thrash metal, but I've loved Wintersun, so I'm new to melodic death metal, but trying to get into it a bit more. Please Don't Flame Me!!!

Any suggestions?

thats not melodic death metal. try Insomnium, Skyfire, ATG, old In Flames/Dark Tranquillity.

and Jonas Brothers
Last edited by damian_91 at Aug 22, 2009,
Originally posted by Diet_coke_head

Disturbed!!!

I'm ignorant, not stupid
Well Obviously if you like Wintersun, listen to Ensiferum's older albums (Ensiferum,Iron) Same singer/songwriter as Wintersun (although you probably already knew this). Also try out Norther,Insomnium, Kalmah
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
amon amarth, in flames, etc. but seriously, someone move this thread to the metal forums.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Maggot3000
Well Obviously if you like Wintersun, listen to Ensiferum's older albums (Ensiferum,Iron) Same singer/songwriter as Wintersun (although you probably already knew this). Also try out Norther,Insomnium, Kalmah

Yes, I did. And I shall!
I posted this to the pit because i meant to ask which bands would fit my personal taste.

sorry for mis-post!
In Flames
Destroy Destroy Destroy
Kalmah
Blinded Colony
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Old In Flames.

And as Damian said, old Joe Bro's kick ass.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Last edited by akm_202 at Aug 22, 2009,
The 3 main Gothenberg bands: At The Gates (YEEEAAHHH, BOOOOYYYY), In Flames, and Dark Tranquility. Also Arch Enemy, Arsis (Kind of Tech Deathy but still really melodic), and Death. Also try 3 Inches Of Blood. Not really melodeath, but you'd like them anyway.l
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!