Hey guys.....I'm planning to get the PRS mike mushok baritone and im wondering with its 27.7 scale length would it be ok if i tuned to drop C or would it be too high??

also do i NEED to switch out the pups? If so which pups do u recommend? I play breaking benjamin, seether, RED and more post grunge band music.......

any insights would be appreciated especially about my drop C question ;D
Nobody 'needs' to swap pickups.

Over the past few years I have seen this trend of buying guitars and changing everything. Now it's to the point that people buy stuff and before they even give the original stuff a chance it's gone.

In 99% of cases you're throwing your money away and also lowering your resale value.

Buy a $300.00 guitar, spend $200 in upgrades - a $500.00 used guitar would have been a much better investment.

I did 2 semesters at Berklee with a Squier Strat that was all stock. Never had any serious issues - I did this because the guitar was light and I walked over to school through some rough areas.
1. Baritones can play standard (Buckethead), so Drop C should be fine.

2. You don't need to replace the pickups, really, unless your absolutely sure.

3. What amp are you using?

4. How much money do you have towards new pickups?
Quote by Baby Joel
1. Baritones can play standard (Buckethead), so Drop C should be fine.

2. You don't need to replace the pickups, really, unless your absolutely sure.

3. What amp are you using?

4. How much money do you have towards new pickups?

1. Even for 27.7 scale?
2. Ok cuz i always hear bout prs se pups as being bad.
3 i currently use the peavey vypyr tube 60W
4.prolly just enough to replace with a seymour duncan HB.
The scale length should still be fine. If you see the neck bowing too much in any way, and truss rod adjustments don't work, then I'd say stop. :/
Buckethead uses 27" scale length, in Eb and E standard, which is obviously much higher than Drop C. Keep in mind he uses 10-56 gauge.

If you feel like you need a pickup improvement, then go for it. Any pickup should be fine for a baritone, just make sure you get one that's good at keeping clear low end.
The scale length will be fine.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man