Ok i made a recording "sweeping" or at least trying to play some sweeps.. I made that so you can tell what should i practice more and maybe you could rate it.

I just started playing February 28th last year so don't be so harsh.. And i know i messed up the tempo of some sweeps.. thankss
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Ok i made a recording "sweeping" or at least trying to play some sweeps.. I made that so you can tell what should i practice more and maybe you could rate it.

I just started playing February 28th last year so don't be so harsh.. And i know i messed up the tempo of some sweeps.. thankss

Alaska sweeps
Nice, not bad for one year at all, a bit sloppy but better than a lot of people I know that have played for more than 4 years.

In order to improve your playing try lowering the tempo of the song, practice, and gradually move up from there.
Turn off the effects. The delay is too overpowering. When you're practicing, do it with distortion, but use as little as you can get by with. The cleaner you practice, the cleaner the end result will be.

But it was pretty damn good! Only thing I can say is slowly work on building speed, and playing to a metronome to make your spacing better
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Dude, thats damn good. Its better than I can do and I've been playing for 3.5years. Nice dude.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Alaska sweeps
Nice, not bad for one year at all, a bit sloppy but better than a lot of people I know that have played for more than 4 years.

In order to improve your playing try lowering the tempo of the song, practice, and gradually move up from there.

I will do that.. thanks for the feedback bro

Quote by nedthehead
Turn off the effects. The delay is too overpowering. When you're practicing, do it with distortion, but use as little as you can get by with. The cleaner you practice, the cleaner the end result will be.

But it was pretty damn good! Only thing I can say is slowly work on building speed, and playing to a metronome to make your spacing better

Well about the delay.. i like it that way but i'm gonna lower it a bit.. Actually i do practice with NO dist at all.. clean channel with maybe some boost.. Thankss for the suggestions my friend

Quote by Obama FTW
Dude, thats damn good. Its better than I can do and I've been playing for 3.5years. Nice dude.

Wow thanks dude xD
Quote by nedthehead

Not necessarily. Especially with a technique like sweeping, you want to play clean at first, but then play with as much distortion as possible to make sure that you're muting everything correctly. Otherwise, you might move to play it distorted and get angry that you can't play it well because you never practiced it with distortion.
Quote by Geldin
Not necessarily. Especially with a technique like sweeping, you want to play clean at first, but then play with as much distortion as possible to make sure that you're muting everything correctly. Otherwise, you might move to play it distorted and get angry that you can't play it well because you never practiced it with distortion.

Yes. I practice distorted and clean. When i'm trying to learn a song I first try it clean and then when I almost got it, I change channel.

EDIT: It's pretty lame.. 93 views... like 5 posts..
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Aug 23, 2009,
I know it's illegal to double post but i REALLY REALLY need some feedback... and now even more because I quitted my lessons because my teacher decided to give me classes in group.. (with a retarded kid that thinks slash is the best shredder ever)
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I really liked them, I've been playing for about 2 weeks longer than you and I couldn't do that.

thanks bro

and btw thank you to the semi-def person who rated me with 5 stars lol
Relatively impressive for a first year player.

This topic, however, raises a question as to why you are practicing an advanced technique so soon in your guitar playing "career".

Do you have a firm understanding of basic fretting hand and picking hand techniques? For example, do you understand the term "economy of motion" and it's applications to playing?

Yes? Good. Carry on.

No? Read the sticky, you will thank yourself later.

Once you master the basics, you will become an even better player. Do yourself the favor.
Quote by plainsight
Relatively impressive for a first year player.

This topic, however, raises a question as to why you are practicing an advanced technique so soon in your guitar playing "career".

Do you have a firm understanding of basic fretting hand and picking hand techniques? For example, do you understand the term "economy of motion" and it's applications to playing?

Yes? Good. Carry on.

No? Read the sticky, you will thank yourself later.

Once you master the basics, you will become an even better player. Do yourself the favor.

Thankss bro..

Well this is going to be hard to explain (my english sucks balls)..

I do have a firm understanding about fretting & picking hands and motions.. I know about the basics.. i spent a lot of long hours practicing legato before starting any sweeps..

Why am I practicing sweeping so soon? mmm I don't have an answer to that.. I think because my favorite bands and guitarrists use that technique a lot.. so in order to study their playing I should play their songs. Plus, sweeping didn't cost me that much.. the biggest problem i have right now is tapping =/ I can't do it with more than 5 fingers but i'm working on that!

Thanks for the feedback
damn thats much better than me in my first year, i felt shamed right now. was any of those first 30 second sweeps part of a song? just work on making them a little cleaner, but damn im impressed
very dam nice! I don't really know what to say because i just started sweeps fairly recently =/ but it sounds incredibly clean, just work up the speed while keeping it clean and you'll be fine.
Quote by shanethestoner
damn thats much better than me in my first year, i felt shamed right now. was any of those first 30 second sweeps part of a song? just work on making them a little cleaner, but damn im impressed

Alaska by BTBaM is the first sweeo arpeggio I think, not sure about the rest though.
i noticed that the legato parts were ALOT cleaner and more in time than the actual sweeping, so you should try working on stopping neighboring strings from ringing out after you go over them, try with your thumb. also a metronome would help you to be more in time. Good luck though mate it sounded great for such a short time!
Quote by Elden G20
i noticed that the legato parts were ALOT cleaner and more in time than the actual sweeping, so you should try working on stopping neighboring strings from ringing out after you go over them, try with your thumb. also a metronome would help you to be more in time. Good luck though mate it sounded great for such a short time!

I screwed up in the recording I'm much better than that! Thanks bro! I'm gonna keep working on that
Yeah dude sounds good. Still a bit sloppy though. You hit some of those very well, but others seemed rush. I know it's fun to learn sweeps as quickly as possible (I do it too) but if you really want to nail it you gotta slow it down and take it note by note.

Just think about the recordings that bands like BTBAM and Protest The Hero throw down. They hit those sweeps perfectly. You can hear each note individually.

But yeah dude, very good. You can obviously sweep you just need to fine tune it.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
thanks bro

and btw thank you to the semi-def person who rated me with 5 stars lol

Am I Deaf too? I rated it 5 stars.

Its not that it was awesome, Its just that there was nothing wrong with it, except for the fact that your still learning.