i mostly play through my fender showmaster,
this amp:
and this pedal
question is in the title

edit: i ms painted the pictures the have my eq settings
im playing stuff like death, testament, metallica
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Aug 23, 2009,
Can't tell if this is serious but if you are, sell the Metal Muff and get a Hardwire Heavy Metal to use with the Showman, it should work out fine.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ugh, metal muff is trebly as HELL! I own one and can't get a tone that doesn't sound god awful trebly. However, I suggest using the pedal with everything less than 12 o Clock, and taking most of the EQ from the amp. At the risk of being flamed by UG, scooping your mids (a bit) will help you get a heavier sound. Just make sure you drop the treble on the amp and crank the presence.

Mostly, just fool around with it and take some time with it. You're guranteed to find SOMETHING manageable
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
metal is a very vague tone term. are we talking metallica, slipknot, killswitch, lamb of god? if ur talking metallica, basically set it to that stock picture with lower volume, slightly less mid and treble. slipknot and lamb of god, ull want bass around 4-5 o clock, mid 12-2 o clock, and treble 1-3 o clock. the gain and amp reverb will depend on the song no matter the band, just keep turning till it sounds right (that goes for all knobs, and thats what she said).

try putting those settings on both the amp and pedal and see what the tone is doing u dont like. if its too "muddy", loose some bass, (adjust the amp first and tweak with the pedal), etc.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Aug 23, 2009,
EQ the hell out of it, to make it sound how YOU want it to.

Start with all EQ settings at 12 oclock, and tweak from there till you find what you want.
Somewhat relatedly, how would the sansamp california pedal be for getting the tone i want?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
Somewhat relatedly, how would the sansamp california pedal be for getting the tone i want?

I believe the California is based more on the Mark series, it could probably get you decent early Metallica tone but not so much a Testament tone. If you want a modern Metallica tone and Testament tone, I'd probably go with an AMT R1.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ok, i checked the ultimate settings thread and got the testament setting from there and i'm liking what i'm hearing, but now it doesnt seem to have the power it had woth the settings i put in the OP. I dunno, maybe it's because my ears are messed up, but if anyone has any ideas that can help with this it would be much appreciated.
Quote by webbtje