ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Okay, guys. So I've searched a good deal and can't find an Aquabats thread. So I decided to make on myself.

I just saw them at Six Flags Magic Mountain, which was actually a surprisingly good venue. They were so awesome live, and I just had to come back here and make a thread for them! I have pictures of the show and a picture with MC Bat Commander if anyone wants to see.

So what are your favorite songs? Favorite member?
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
You should have just gone! It was great, man.

BEDBUGS
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
I loooove the aquabats. Musically they are very underater. My favorite (former) member is Chainsaw but I have never had the opportunity to see them live. Return of the aquabats really is a great ska album.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i kinda like them. i've got Charge! my favorite song is the Super Rad one. i have this friend that tries to act like travis barker made the band who they are just because he was there for like the 1st record.
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i kinda like them. i've got Charge! my favorite song is the Super Rad one. i have this friend that tries to act like travis barker made the band who they are just because he was there for like the 1st record.

He only recorded on their second album. He really didnt do much for the band really. He also wasnt famous at all then. SO tell your friend to take his blink 182 CDs and soljah Boi remixes and shove them up his idiot box.
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
I've seen this band more times than I can count. They're home town heroes for our town. I talked to the drummer Ricky Fitness at my old work when he came in to get cheese fries. Cool guy.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
Quote by SKAtastic7770
He only recorded on their second album. He really didnt do much for the band really. He also wasnt famous at all then. SO tell your friend to take his blink 182 CDs and soljah Boi remixes and shove them up his idiot box.

oh believe me, i've told him before. you seem to know what he listens to pretty well too, lol. ugh, hes one of those kids who thinks he's "grown up" because he "used to listen to punk" and listens to ****ty rap now. he also thinks he can rap really well, but all his **** is about how someone he doesn't like is a homosexual, how much weed he sells/smokes, and how often he gets laid. really thought provoking lyrics if you know what i mean.
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
Quote by jakesmellspoo
oh believe me, i've told him before. you seem to know what he listens to pretty well too, lol. ugh, hes one of those kids who thinks he's "grown up" because he "used to listen to punk" and listens to ****ty rap now. he also thinks he can rap really well, but all his **** is about how someone he doesn't like is a homosexual, how much weed he sells/smokes, and how often he gets laid. really thought provoking lyrics if you know what i mean.

If only he could write good lyrics about tarantulas and pizza on fridays and chewbacca chewbacca lake titicacca.
bucketned
last wave rocker
398 IQ
words cannot express how much i love this band
very musically diverse from album to album
i havent seen them since Charge came out though
how is Bones on the gitfiddle?
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
My favorite song is either Pizza Day(I really do miss having a pizza day) or I Fell asleep on my arm...or Tiny Pants. I really can't pick just one, they have a lot of songs I really like.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
superradsuperradsuperrad!
applesauceapplesauceapplesauce!
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Saw them once. It was entertaining, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Their music is pretty bad and there are better bands who put on quirky entertaining live shows. (The Phenomenauts, for instance.)
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
Quote by sargasm
Saw them once. It was entertaining, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Their music is pretty bad and there are better bands who put on quirky entertaining live shows. (The Phenomenauts, for instance.)

Their music really isnt bad though. Its actually really good.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
the best quirky live show i saw was this Beegees metal cover band. really funny, and weird.
pwninator123
Just Mottin my Hoople
1,438 IQ
Because we're lovers!.....Of loving love!

The Aquabats! are one of the greatest bands ever!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Slappydappy
168 IQ
Lovers of Loving Love and The Ballad of Mr. Bonkers are epic.
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Quote by SKAtastic7770
I loooove the aquabats. Musically they are very underater. My favorite (former) member is Chainsaw but I have never had the opportunity to see them live. Return of the aquabats really is a great ska album.

Chainsaw was actually on guitar at the show I saw because Eagle Bones Falcon Hawk was getting married.

BEDBUGS
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
I've seen this band more times than I can count. They're home town heroes for our town. I talked to the drummer Ricky Fitness at my old work when he came in to get cheese fries. Cool guy.

I only have 1 friend who likes them, its a shame...but we see them as many times as possible. The only bands ive seen more are locals and the adicts.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
I wonder when the next Aquabats show is around here. Lets go Dempsey

That would be super-rad
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Sep 13, 2009,
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
I want them to come back to Chicago. That would make my year. They've all I've been listening to for like the past week, I've been on a ska kick. Well they're awesome, so they deserve this bump.

EDIT: I have my ringtone to be Super-Rad and it went off in class, but the teacher laughed so hard when he heard the song title that he didn't do anything.
Last edited by BK202 at Oct 13, 2009,