well the band in in plays a heavy metal/thrash sound thats kinda like metallica cross trivium+ a bit more melody.

I need humbuckers than can be split, with nice cleans, yet crushing distortion to put into an ESP m-200fm which i plan to buy and quickly replace the pups because theyve gotten terrible reviews, and i prefer to replace stock pickups anyway unless theyre already a good brand (ESP, seymour, gibson stock).

I have active pickups in my current guitar and i hate the cleans so i would prefer passive.

budget=unlimited, even if i dont have the money ill wait
Last edited by shredder408 at Aug 23, 2009,
any pickup humbucker can be coil split with some work, it's just way easier to do it with a 4 cond. pup.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
any pickup can be coil split with some work, it's just way easier to do it with a 4 cond. pup.

this

and if you want us to recommend you an specific coil-splittable pup give us more info.. budget? genres? setup?
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
this

and if you want us to recommend you an specific coil-splittable pup give us more info.. budget? genres? setup?

edited so look at first post.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I personally like Dimarzios but it depends on what you prefer the sound of.

What amp do you have?

i have an Ashton GA100FX. Its actualy quite a good amp with a realy good overdrive and a good variety of sounds. its clean isnt great, but for the bad clean refernce in my first post, ive tried my pikcups on countless amps, so i know the clean on my actives isnt the amp.
Quote by shredder408
i have an Ashton GA100FX. Its actualy quite a good amp with a realy good overdrive and a good variety of sounds. its clean isnt great, but for the bad clean refernce in my first post, ive tried my pikcups on countless amps, so i know the clean on my actives isnt the amp.

Is it tube or solid state because active pickups and solid state amps generally don't mix very well.

it doesn't have active pickups, it has passive pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Is it tube or solid state because active pickups and solid state amps generally don't mix very well.

solid state :S. Ive used my mates ESP Mh-53 with it which has regular passive pickups and didnt sound near as good.. but maybe an exception or something
Last edited by shredder408 at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by shredder408

I need pups with nice cleans, yet crushing distortion to put into an ESP m-200fm

You don't need new pickups, just an MG
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C