Alright, I have a Randall V2 Ninja head and a Peavey 5150 head. My cab is the matching Randall XL 400 watt cab. I just got the head and ordered some equipment to better my rig (monster speaker and instrument cables, furman power conditioner) and also a Radial Tonebone Bigshot ABY switcher.

Here is my question. Before I run it, is it possible to use my Radial switcher to switch between heads with only my one Randall cab. The cab can run stereo, so I planned on having the Randall on 8 ohms one side of the cab and the Peavey at 8 ohms other side of the cab.

Am I going to blow something up using the Radial to switch between heads with this setup?

Thanks guys
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Yes, I believe this is possible. I've seen people hook up combo's and split them. There's also a certain cable sold to do that, so you don't have to make your own thing. But i'd look into it a little more, before you go risking it.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
a cable for which aspect of this setup? haha sorry but there is a lot of stuff involved here that i'm very new to
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
There's a cable for connecting both heads, and running them through the cab involving a selector. I don't know the name for it but it's out there
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
nice...I planned on just running one head into one side of the cab and the other head into the other side then taking the regular head inputs (on the front of the head) into the ABY box. From what I've gathered, I think this should work. Thanks for your help man
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Just put the ABY before the amps like you normally would and insert each head into it's own input on the back of the cab. You shouldn't have any problems and if you do, turn off your amps immediately.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Just put the ABY before the amps like you normally would and insert each head into it's own input on the back of the cab. You shouldn't have any problems and if you do, turn off your amps immediately.

Actually I think the TS should run each of the heads into the switcher and run its output into that cab.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Actually I think the TS should run each of the heads into the switcher and run its output into that cab.

I assumed he had a regular A/BY switcher. If he's got one that can handle the load of the unused amp, I'd have to give this post a +1. Which do you have TS?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by i_am_metalhead

You're thinking of the Tonebone Headbone. The Bigshot is just a regular ABY box, and shouldn't be used after the heads.
Quote by Stickymongoose
You're thinking of the Tonebone Headbone. The Bigshot is just a regular ABY box, and shouldn't be used after the heads.

You're right. I remember reading that Mark Tremonti runs a Bogner head and a Two-Rock head into an ABY and then into a cab. I wasn't sure which ABY he was using but I looked it up and he is using the Headbone.
so do everything as I planned? hook the head to the cabs regularly then run their inputs into the ABY box? Thanks for all your help guys
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
so do everything as I planned? hook the head to the cabs regularly then run their inputs into the ABY box? Thanks for all your help guys

No don't do this. You will permanently damage your OT and your PT. You need one that was specially designed to handle the load of the cab. You have a standard ABY box. You need something like a Radial Headbone, not just the ABY box.
Quote by mindstealer
No don't do this. You will permanently damage your OT and your PT. You need one that was specially designed to handle the load of the cab. You have a standard ABY box. You need something like a Radial Headbone, not just the ABY box.

What the hell are you talking about?? He is running the cab in stereo (8 ohm load on the right half of the cab and an 8 ohm load on the left half of the cab). What he wants to do is perfectly safe.
Quote by mindstealer

What?

Fail.

Yes, just plug the heads into the two stereo jacks on your cab and run a cord from the inputs of both into your ABY. Perfectly safe, do it all the time.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Oh ****. I should have read the post better. Didn't realize it was a stereo cab. Then it is fine as has been stated before. Sorry for the bad advice.
thanks everyone....the slip up is fine mindstealer...glad my set up is gonna work, stoked to try it
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
This just brought a question to mind...

Let's say you have a cabinet that has 2 input jacks... Could you hook up 2 heads to the cabinet and not blow any speakers or anything?

Although, I'm thinking that if the cabinet has 2 input jacks, its meant to have 2 heads running through it...
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
This just brought a question to mind...

Let's say you have a cabinet that has 2 input jacks... Could you hook up 2 heads to the cabinet and not blow any speakers or anything?

Although, I'm thinking that if the cabinet has 2 input jacks, its meant to have 2 heads running through it...

Only if the inputs are meant to be run at the same time.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT