hi im a newbie and i dont like how i sound right now
im looking something that would siut me, i listen a lot of metal, i would like to sound like malmsteen, kiko loureiro or paul gilbert what pedal should i get or should i get a tube amp?
im using a multieffect digitech rp 250
please help me
Yes, get a tube amp.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I think the opinion on the tube amp is a little biased. Tube amps are more suited for blues/rock playing and do not handle effects pedals quite as well as a solid-state.
I'm playing with a Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion pedal right now and it has a pretty "metal" tone.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Quote by ProjectileQuiet
I think the opinion on the tube amp is a little biased. Tube amps are more suited for blues/rock playing and do not handle effects pedals quite as well as a solid-state.
I'm playing with a Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion pedal right now and it has a pretty "metal" tone.

That statement deserved that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ProjectileQuiet

I second the massive facepalm. What an ass this guy...

TS, get a nice high gain tube amp, or if the amp that is available to you isn't really high gain, try using a tubescreamer. If you still need more, go for a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. PERFECT for the lead stuff you want to play.
Quote by ProjectileQuiet

lol
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Hey, I didn't mean to be a dick. I was offering my honest opinion! I guess I just don't know enough about amplifiers. Perhaps I'll read up on them, but everybody keeps telling me that tube amps aren't as good with lots of effects.

Anyway, sorry that I came across as a jerk.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
i was in this predicament not to long ago my friend. then i came across the Zoom G2.1U. theres an entire website for presets to soundlike a bunch of different artists. run this thing through a speaker, computer, or even the clean channel on ur amp, u can get the tones of tones of different amps and bands man. capabilities are endless. but ofcourse its nothing like having a good tube amp. that pedal was $160 when i got it a couple months ago. if ur looking alon the lines of a good tube amp thats a fair size, look into a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo. bout $600
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by ProjectileQuiet
Hey, I didn't mean to be a dick. I was offering my honest opinion! I guess I just don't know enough about amplifiers. Perhaps I'll read up on them, but everybody keeps telling me that tube amps aren't as good with lots of effects.

Anyway, sorry that I came across as a jerk.

Who is everybody? Whoever would say that is an asshat. Almost always, tube amps take pedals better than solid state pedals, because most of the time when someone says solid state, they actually mean modeling, as there are very few true solid state amps out there compared to modelers. And modelers are the absolute worst kind of amps to have with pedals on top.

Anyway TS, you might like something like a Peavey XXX. Don't know a whole lot about them myself, but they seem to be good for the kind of metal you like.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Tube amps sound best with effects..... but best to get a nice amp that does what you want and then add small amounts of desired tone from pedals.

Don't forget to check out bugera amps best tone per dollar.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Well, when I've said solid state, I really mean non-modeling amp. That's all I've had experience with. Oh well, you learn something new every day. Thanks for the clarification.
Last edited by ProjectileQuiet at Sep 28, 2010,