I have:

Peavey JSX head
Fender 212 Sealed cabinet w/Vintage 30s

I find that it sounds just "OK." The JSX does a lot of things decently, but not a whole lot really well. I want something that will cover tones similar to
-Sublime (for cleans...I play in a ska band)
-Gary moore style lead tones
-The Raconteurs style crunch tones

Should have some warmth without getting muddy. FX loop is a must. Should take pedals well, too.

Any suggestions?
fender supersonic. it does everything you need it to
Harlington - Indie/Progressive/Hard Rock

Live Rig:
Gibson SG
Boss RT-20 Rotary Pedal
Fender Supersonic
Last edited by yourbelovednick at Aug 23, 2009,
if your willing to bank out 2.5k for an amp that will last you 10 years then just go for a mesa roadster.

mesa's will fit what you want very nicely with no problems, and your able to switch between sets of el34's and 6l6's. AND...depending on how many of those tubes you are running, it will add another 5u4 (model name?) to the rectification for every four power tubes. (but the rectifier thingy is on the roadking i believe)

channel wise, theres the
1clean
2dirt
3overdrive
4distortion

and between those channels, mesa has added a little switch that enables you to change to 2 or 3 different preset eq curves that you can further tweak with your pots.

correct me if im wrong, but just to be safe...here's the site

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadster/roadster.html
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Honestly, I've played the roadster and just loved it. I played the 212 combo version, anyways, at a gig where the backline was provided. The clean tone was amazing. I didn't have enough time to frig around with the dirty tones but I was happy with what I flipped on in 10 seconds.

2.5 k is within my budget. I just spent 2000 on a guitar and I've always felt that my amp should cost more than my guitar.. Once that's paid for, a new amp is the next thing, so I'm looking for recommendations now.

Is the roadster reliable? Have their been many QA concerns?
Quote by guitarinchris
Honestly, I've played the roadster and just loved it. I played the 212 combo version, anyways, at a gig where the backline was provided. The clean tone was amazing. I didn't have enough time to frig around with the dirty tones but I was happy with what I flipped on in 10 seconds.

2.5 k is within my budget. I just spent 2000 on a guitar and I've always felt that my amp should cost more than my guitar.. Once that's paid for, a new amp is the next thing, so I'm looking for recommendations now.

Is the roadster reliable? Have their been many QA concerns?

not that i know of, their frames seem to be indestructable, but i mean if your pretty decent with your gear then it would be pretty hard to have one of those things bail on you, they should also come with a warranty. Im typically great with my guitars and stuff, and usually only cosmetic things happen, and when it comes to tech work, i already know how everything works with eachother so its pretty easy for me to diagnose what is going on with the systems.

with mesa's, the reliability of your amp probably boils down to how well you care for it
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels