I just changed my strings for the first time since March or so, and noticed when I changed them it felt like it did when I bought it before I set it up. Do I have to do this every string change or is it a problem with my bass?
If you change them one at a time or fairly quickly, then there shouldn't be a problem. Well from my experience anyway. I will need a set-up from time to time anyway.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
If you change string gauge, yes. But some basses, like my AccuBass have stupid little quirks that cause me to do setups every time I change the strings, esp. if I haven't changed them in a long while and there's been a huge temp or humidity variance (like a seasonal change) in the meanwhile.
^what she said lol.
that's basically what I wanted to say, but said very badly
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Usually a bass needs a small amount of fine tuning when you change strings, nothing major though. I'd suggest learning how to adjust action, and neck relief on your own instead of taking it in to a shop every time, it's very easy and saves money.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Living in Canada, I find my set ups are more related to season change than string change. Even gauge changes doesn't affect set up to much or tuning down 1/2 step, whereas my guitars would need a complete adjustment.