Page 1 of 2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Zakk-Wylde-Flying-V-Custom-with-Floyd-Rose?sku=514292

I threw up.

Let's see... Zakk Wylde ruined the SGV (which actually never was all that great to begin with), the LP, Coffin shaped guitars and now the V.

While I'm at it, has anyone seen this atrocity?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Zakk-Wylde-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518771
Quote by geetar_man0
Those guitars have been around for ages as far as i know?!?

+1.

The camo LP looks like barf.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
The orange one doesn't look that bad compared to other zakk wylde... signatures...? But no matter what, it's still horse**** ugly.
If it sells, it isn't a failure.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by a7xplayer
K, im sure most people are getting tired of these "ZOmG!!11 gibison is teh sux!!!!1eleven!!!" threads. We get it, Gibson is going down the ****ter, just stop making threads about it.

Is there a Gibson thread?

Maybe there should be an official Gibson thread, where everyone can talk about their feelings regarding Gibson. Good or bad.
I'm not saying Gibson is suckish or anything. Some of their designs just need to be thought over a bit more.

I mean honestly. Is this what was said at a Gibson "New Guitar Ideas" meeting?
"Wouldn't it look AWESOME if we put some holes in a flying V?"

Epic failzure.
i actually like that flying v, and i like the original les paul in black and white, but all other swirl combos and sg/ flying v in one guitars are bad
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm not saying Gibson is suckish or anything. Some of their designs just need to be thought over a bit more.

I mean honestly. Is this what was said at a Gibson "New Guitar Ideas" meeting?
"Wouldn't it look AWESOME if we put some holes in a flying V?"

Epic failzure.

I don't see what the big deal is: it's a Gibson Flying V with Zakk Wylde's "bulls-eye" finish, EMG Pickups, and a Floyd Rose bridge. It looks like just about every other one of his signature guitars, except it's on a Flying V this time.

Sure, Gibson tries different designs, and yes, some of them aren't popular. However, there were similar reactions to when they first released such well known models as the Flying V or the Explorer.
Honestly i dont see what the big deal is, So what if he has a load of signatures, at the end of the day hes pretty iconic to Gibson since hes been playing one from the age of 16.

All this Zakk Wylde sucks rubbish is that, if we look back however far back theres a Zakk wylde sucks thread. Believe it or not we are all guitarists here and we all got into this for the same reasons right?? So whats the point hating on the guy when he has actually contributed alot to music.

So what he has afew signatures, who cares its not like theres a gun to your head to buy it and its hardly shoved down your throats but this is all becoming so bloody stupid now
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Picked up a 900 or so dollar Epi LP Custom at my local guitar store.
Plugged it into a Peavey Vypyr (same amp i have)
Put it on the same exact settings I play mine on here.
Same Gain, Same Volume on the guitar,
Same Pup settings.
My 3100 Agile smoked its hide.
Maybe not in fit and finish, but my Agile damn sure sounded better and played nicer.

Keeping in mind Im not factoring in that I use Elixir strings, and Tortex picks, and the guitar probably wasnt set up all that great, My Agile still killed it. It kinda pissed me off at Gibson/Epiphone.
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original
Quote by Payton Ratliff
Same Pup settings.
Maybe not in fit and finish, but my Agile damn sure sounded better and played nicer.

Keeping in mind Im not factoring in that I use Elixir strings, and Tortex picks, and the guitar probably wasnt set up all that great, My Agile still killed it. It kinda pissed me off at Gibson/Epiphone.

Welcome to the world of paying more to get the specs you like, aka custom guitars.
Quote by nav00
Honestly i dont see what the big deal is, So what if he has a load of signatures, at the end of the day hes pretty iconic to Gibson since hes been playing one from the age of 16.

All this Zakk Wylde sucks rubbish is that, if we look back however far back theres a Zakk wylde sucks thread. Believe it or not we are all guitarists here and we all got into this for the same reasons right?? So whats the point hating on the guy when he has actually contributed alot to music.

So what he has afew signatures, who cares its not like theres a gun to your head to buy it and its hardly shoved down your throats but this is all becoming so bloody stupid now

This, tbh.
I hate how everyone has taken to bashing the **** out of Zakk. He does overuse the pinch harmonics and sticks to pretty much basics. But that is only because that is what he feels like doing, it's his style. Pretty much everyone on here that bashes the guy doesn't have half his musical talent. Not only can he beast a guitar playing heavy riffs and lead, the guy is also quite an accomplished fingerstyle player. And on top of that, he is an amazing pianist. And he does all of that while singing.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of his style, but give the guy his god damn props. He is one of few hard rock/metal icons in the mainstream. That says something.
I like the V not the LP's
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
not bad at all.
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
I like the v, but the les pauls are ****, I like the white bulls eye les paul but the camo and orange ones look gay
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
I like Zakk's guitars.
apart from that coffin thing. eww.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
oh for gods sake.

why is it that every single little thing gibson does results in yet another "omg lol gibson phail again1!!!!" thread? And it's not gibson's fault if their endorsees choose hideous finishes for the signature guitars. there's nothing wrong with an artist having his/her say in the design of the guitar which will have his/her name on it.

I actually quite like the V. i think the V is the one guitar that can get away with having flashy finishes like that without looking horrible - simply because it's a flying V.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
There is nothing wrong with zakk wyldes finish, as blompcube said its his ****ing choice not gibsons.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Quote by Payton Ratliff
Same Pup settings.

So basically you are saying that you completely ignored the fact that the Agile 3100 and the Epiphone Les Paul Custom are different guitars and used the exact same settings, expecting to get the same sound without tweaking?

All guitars aren't exactly the same, they perform differently. Different pickups perform differently. Therefore, it makes sense that in order to get a good tone out of each guitar you will have to change your amp's settings.
I see nothing wrong with any his guitars (the coffin pushes it, but im not forced to buy it so who cares).

I personally like the bullseye and buzzsaw finish. And that is probably the only Gibson Flying V I'd ever buy.

Quit hating on Gibson and Zakk. Let's see you do what they do any better.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
honestly i think that most or gibsons designs are cool. You guys all praise super strats, and i think they are god aweful looking. I can agree that the reverse V and the headstock of the reverse explorer was pretty weird looking. There is WAY too much gibson hate one these forums, I'd love to see your beloved Schecter try to do something slightly original, other than tweaking a shape from GIBSON and selling them.
I actually like the V. That's his only good-looking guitar.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by kurtebirdi
honestly i think that most or gibsons designs are cool. You guys all praise super strats, and i think they are god aweful looking. I can agree that the reverse V and the headstock of the reverse explorer was pretty weird looking. There is WAY too much gibson hate one these forums, I'd love to see your beloved Schecter try to do something slightly original, other than tweaking a shape from GIBSON and selling them.

i hear u out, (i think) gibson invented the V shape? and the explorer and those are some the best looking guitars ever, Gibson have lost their way a bit due to **** head CEO
Zakk has been playing this guitar for a long time now, it's nothing new. I've seen him live twice now, both times he's been playing Flying V's more than the LP's. I don't think I've seen him play the Bullseye LP actually, he rocks the V's pretty hard now. Anybody that's seen him live would know this
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
There are far worse guitars than those two. Those are two classic designs loved by most, dressed up with ****ty paint jobs. Practically every guitar model has something in this department.
Quote by eXperiment63
I hate how everyone has taken to bashing the **** out of Zakk. He does overuse the pinch harmonics and sticks to pretty much basics. But that is only because that is what he feels like doing, it's his style. Pretty much everyone on here that bashes the guy doesn't have half his musical talent. Not only can he beast a guitar playing heavy riffs and lead, the guy is also quite an accomplished fingerstyle player. And on top of that, he is an amazing pianist. And he does all of that while singing.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of his style, but give the guy his god damn props. He is one of few hard rock/metal icons in the mainstream. That says something.

truth.
well said.
I like both...I wouldnt go out and buy them, but I would love to have them, the REAL failures are the reverse models, zoot, etc.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by xtheclincherx
truth.
well said.

+1. very well said.

the coffin is a little much, but i think it's completely targeted at the people who idolize zakk and would buy anything he plays. i really like the buzzsaw design, and that V is awesome. not a big fan of the camo, but i'd sure as hell take one if it were offered.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Why is this a Gibson fail?

Blame Zakk for starting the ugly paint job. And this paint job has been around since the '80s when Zakk started using the bullseye les paul, so really... you're talking about something that is over 20 years old.
Quote by eXperiment63

I don't bash Zakk for being a bad player, I don't like his music nor do I like his style, but he's a good player.

I bash him because I think he's a loudmouth and a whore.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by al112987

I bash him because I think he's a loudmouth and a whore.

jealous much?
since when is being a wh0re a bad thing?
Page 1 of 2