I was 100% ready to buy a Seagull Artist for a little over $1000 until I saw the case it came with. Some stupid little foam piece of crap. What the hell, seagull? They don't offer a hardshell case at all. If they're going to make quality instruments it seems like they should give better cases. Now I realize I'm bitching over something that really doesn't matter that much, but I may end up buying a different acoustic guitar entirely because of it. Seagull, because of you're stupid little foam gig bag you have lost a customer.
/pissy rant
If you think it's a quality instrument, then it might be worth to pay up another $40-50 bucks for a hardshell case. Not the end of the world.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It's not about the money. I'm just pissed that Seagull doesn't offer one that is built to fit their guitars.
To be honest, that's probably what I'll end up doing, I'm just pissed that I have to
Quote by steelyd1983

To be honest, that's probably what I'll end up doing, I'm just pissed that I have to

Kkkkkk......

Sounds like your problem is solved and yet you still want some empathy. Hmmm....
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Not empathy, but people who agree that if you charge over a thousand dollars you should give a quality case for it, or at the very least OFFER one.
And my problem isn't "solved". Now I'll have to deal with a poorly-fitting case for my quality instrument.
Quote by steelyd1983
I was 100% ready to buy a Seagull Artist for a little over $1000 until I saw the case it came with. Some stupid little foam piece of crap. What the hell, seagull? They don't offer a hardshell case at all. If they're going to make quality instruments it seems like they should give better cases. Now I realize I'm bitching over something that really doesn't matter that much, but I may end up buying a different acoustic guitar entirely because of it. Seagull, because of you're stupid little foam gig bag you have lost a customer.
/pissy rant

Its called the TRIC case. It IS a hardshell case, and IMO better than a traditional one because it resists changes in temperature and humidity better. Check it out on their website. Its actually really cool.

TRIC Case
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 23, 2009,
^^^ +1.

It pays to do your homework before going on a rant about something only to find out you were completely wrong. Besides, we are UG, not Seagull. Why gripe here to us instead of who you were really pissed at, for no reason.
Just buy your own hardshell case. At that price range, a good case is not usually standard. Not until you get in to the 1500 range is a good case included. Just get one at Guitar center. Seagull's are nice, all the ones that I've tried sounded and felt good. Good luck.
Quote by Natrone

Its called the TRIC case. It IS a hardshell case, and IMO better than a traditional one because it resists changes in temperature and humidity better. Check it out on their website. Its actually really cool.

TRIC Case

That actually looks like a really nice hard shell case. I can't see the problem.
I'd rather have one of Seagull's Tric cases than a "traditional" case
that foam is surprisingly and extremely lightweight and durable. a regular hard case is could be say 20 pounds while this seagull case is about 5 pounds. they most likely distribute weight better too if pressure is applied on the case.

this is just all from my experience from my friend who has one of these cases and a seagull guitar.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by steelyd1983
Not empathy, but people who agree that if you charge over a thousand dollars you should give a quality case for it, or at the very least OFFER one.
And my problem isn't "solved". Now I'll have to deal with a poorly-fitting case for my quality instrument.

Like many have said, the TRIC case is actually BETTER for impact and humidity protection, which is the more common problem with acoustic guitars. If you drop an acoustic standing upright in a hard case, you'd probably have a broken neck or headstock. In a TRIC case, it would be more likely to survive. Yes, the case is "foam", but a specially designed foam. It's not like that disposable Styrofoam cup you drank out of at the party.

The only thing it isn't better at protecting against is compression. E.g. A 200lb man falls on your guitar case. Even then, most hard cases aren't going to cut it. You would need a heavy duty flight case for that, and flight cases only come when your guitar costs over $2500 or so.

Seriously, I don't know what you're really complaining about, to be honest. Most stores I know will upgrade you to a hardcase or flight case for the case's cost minus what the TRIC case is worth--if you really hate the TRIC case that much.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
the TRIC case is VERY VERY nice. it came with my Seagull Artist Portrait. supposedly keeps the guitar at a decent humidity level in bad situations AND is pretty solidly built. just read into the case a little, check out www.seagullguitars.com and they'll tell you about the case.

EDIT: and the one i got is a bit newer, too. covered in canvas now, has backpack straps if you want to use them, and 2 zippers to make sure it never just pops open. it fits like a glove too. nothing moves in that case i love it.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by steelyd1983
/pissy rant

Would you rather they spent $100 less on the quality of the guitar and gave you a nice hard case instead?

I am pretty sure, that the case contributes sweet FA to the tone of the guitar?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!