How much do you guys think renting three 50 watt guitar amps and a 300 watt bass amp would cost? And how many watts do you think would be needed per guitarist for a gymnasium?
50 watts will handle a gym no problem. 30 watts would probably be fine. 300 watts is a bit overkill for the bass, try 150. Around here you can rent a cheap 150 watt bass amp for $20 a month. For 50 watt guitar amps it's around the same. It just depends on the quality of amp you want.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
1.- Depends on wich amp. If you are renting MG's it will be cheap. If you're renting mesa's it will be expensive.
2.- 30w tube is enough for mid size places.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I'm not sure of anything as far as prices go, but I own a 65 watt amp and it can easily fill a large area like a gym or a campus green. I bet you could get away with 50 watts/guitarist.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Quote by mmolteratx
50 watts will handle a gym no problem. 30 watts would probably be fine. 300 watts is a bit overkill for the bass, try 150. Around here you can rent a cheap 150 watt bass amp for $20 a month. For 50 watt guitar amps it's around the same. It just depends on the quality of amp you want.

30 watts solid state or tube? One of the guitarists has a Cube 30x, and another has a 40 watt Peavey Envoy. I heard that you want twice the wattage as the guitarists combined, but when I thought it through I also felt 300 was overkill. I'll hope that some of the bass guys see this thread then. Oh, and thanks for the prices. I should've thought about asking when I went to get new bass strings today.
Quote by Alex Vik
30 watts solid state or tube? One of the guitarists has a Cube 30x, and another has a 40 watt Peavey Envoy. I heard that you want twice the wattage as the guitarists combined, but when I thought it through I also felt 300 was overkill. I'll hope that some of the bass guys see this thread then. Oh, and thanks for the prices. I should've thought about asking when I went to get new bass strings today.

Tube would do fine without a mic, you would have to mic up the Cube and Envoy unless your band plays very quiet.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Tube would do fine without a mic, you would have to mic up the Cube and Envoy unless your band plays very quiet.

We've got a seemingly endless amount of mics there, and I wanted to mic everything anyways to get a good mix, so I guess we'll just rent one 50 watt guitar amp and a 150 watt bass amp. Thanks for the help.