i want to learn dream theater but cant afford a 6 string. im having a hard time finding tabs for four string. do any of the bass players of these forums know a website or anything that could lead me to 4 string versions of dream theater songs? i tried Google etc already with no luck
I don't know much about dream theatre, but my dirst thought was to find a guitar pro tab on this site (or wherever) and re-tab it out and see if it works on a four string
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
You should be able to play most of their songs on a 5 string if that helps. If you can't get a 5 string either, you might have to tune your bass to B standard and transpose the high notes.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
sadly neither a 5 string or tab programs are options. but this down tuning to B and transposing high notes thing sounds interesting.
If I am not mistaken, first album is written on 4 stringer. So look up for those tabs - you should be able to play them easy.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A hell of a lot of DT you can manage on a 4 string. Everything from Images and Words and When Dream and Day Unite. Constant Motion can be, Erotomania and Voices should be managable, from memory.

This. Try Under a Glass moon, then go for Metropolis pt 1. Myung only switched to 6's on the Images and Words tour so anything before that is cool.
Metropolis Pt.1
Another Day
Surrounded
Under a Glass Moon
Pretty much the whole of Images and Words bar Take the Time.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Most of their early stuff was on a 4-string (I believe) and you could at least get a good start with those.
I believe their first album was played entirely on a 20 fret 4 string bass.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I know you can play the Ytse Jam on a 4 stringer. fun times with that song
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR