Its a great metaphor. Don't burn your bridges. Who knows when you might need them again? Its tough not to sometimes. Some one really ticks you off and you just go off on them never to talk to them again. We've all done it. It sucks that we do but we all do it. Sometimes you gotta burn the bridge though. Sometimes you walk down the wrong path turn around and do it over and over and over again.So what is the only thing you can do burn the bridge, make it to where you can't go back anymore. Which might be the hardest thing to do sometimes because you want what's down that path so much that you'd do anything even if it meant giving up the better things to come.You love that path you know it and feel comfortable with is because you walk up and down it trying to find where took a wrong step where you could of done better cause when you get to the end of the path you realize that there was nothing more you could of done because wither way it was dead ending. So you walk, yet again, to the front of it looking for other ways around to stay here on this path looking at everything remembering everything and sometimes, actually most of the times, enjoying it, as you do remember everything you went through walking down this path, never wanting to leave it and maybe that's why you stay on it looking for another way, cause there always has to be another way. And when you think you find one it still don't work perfect and you think you can put up with it, but the truth is you cant so you start walking to the front of the path yet again looking and remembering everything, hoping that this is finally the time you can go down the path you should of taken in the first place, but as you get to the top you realize why you went down it in the first place and want to stay, even though it goes completely against what you want to do you stay cause its comfortable still. And some people do stay there forever and some people can force themselves away from it and know that it will get better, me a light a match. I will no longer go down that path tonight was the last time and I hate myself for it, I even thought I was done with it but I wasn't. I had to step foot onto that path one more time, for some reason I guess I wanted to get hurt. Tonight I lit my match, and burnt the bridge that lead me to that pathway.Its up in smoke its burning and sure it hurts me to know I'll never walk down that path again but sometimes you do burn the bridge to keep from making the same mistakes again. I'm glad I found this out now that burning bridges aren't so bad because I will never walk back again.
Congrats? You have changed your life somehow.

Jolly Good Edit: Icwutudidthar
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Oh, just come on and say it.

She broke up with you.

It's ok, we understand.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by E_squared
Oh, just come on and say it.

She broke up with you.

It's ok, we understand.

actually it about a best friend who is and always was a jerk finally i got tired of dealing with his crap
Quote by GuitarMan1977
actually it about a best friend who is and always was a jerk finally i got tired of dealing with his crap

Hey, I was actually kind of close there.

Would this have been a case in which it would have been better to have not built a bridge in the first place??

^^That question might have failed, I'm pretty tired right now.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
well we were friends for 13 years since third grade and we had some good times together but everything that happened with him in my "adult" years has not been good at all except for laughs and things that only last for a few minutes nothing that lasted for forever
**** happens, bro. I know what you're talking about.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by GuitarMan1977
well we were friends for 13 years since third grade and we had some good times together but everything that happened with him in my "adult" years has not been good at all except for laughs and things that only last for a few minutes nothing that lasted for forever

Basically, that was me and my grade school friends. Then I went off to Jr. High and we pretty much never talked to each other again. Thank goodness. They probably would have turned me into a crack addict or something..........
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
I shall tl;dr this for someone.

So Guitarman1977 had a girlfriend or something, and she was like "dude I cant do this, its over." So then he was all, "wait, we can work this out right? its not too late." Then she was all "Nah, pretty sure its over." Said Guitarman1977: "Aww."

Anyway, the point is I only read the title, I opened the thread and saw the divine comedy staring at me, I couldnt be bothered reading it all. Then he set fire to a bridge or something and wrote an extended version of events in the pit.
...In my opinion.
i didnt read your brick wall.. except for the first two sentences.

but odd. i had a talk about bridge burning with someone today. coincidences and such.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!