My current bass is falling apart, though it was a cheap, crappy starter anyways, so I'm going to buy a new bass come this October, and I'm looking into 5-string basses, around 300 - 500 USD.

What would you guys say would be good basses to look into for that price range? I'm also lookin for a new amp so don't hesitate to leave an amp suggestion. Thanks!
If your going to save up $50 you might aswell save up $80 and get http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR505-Bass?sku=517942 .

However, for the exact limit of your budget I would recommend this http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR405QM-Soundgear-5String-Bass?sku=511826

Though Amer91's suggestion is very nice also =).

I'de recommend the Ibanez EDB 555 also, but I can't find it listed anywhere. I own the bass and I'm absolutely in love with it, but I'm biased.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Get a better amp before a bass, that's where you'll notice a HUGE improvement in sound. As for basses in that price range... you can't go wrong with an Ibanez, Peavey, or Schecter.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Get a better amp before a bass, that's where you'll notice a HUGE improvement in sound. As for basses in that price range... you can't go wrong with an Ibanez, Peavey, or Schecter.

but his bass is falling apart...
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5, I love mine.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have a Peavey Millennium 5 BXP, it's a great bass for the money (or anything under about $1000 dollars, in my opinion).
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by cal1
I have a Peavey Millennium 5 BXP, it's a great bass for the money (or anything under about $1000 dollars, in my opinion).

It is indeed a good bass, but how can you tell when you run it into a terrible guitar amp?
Nope, no sig here.
i would look for a used Fender Jazz V MIM. street price should be around $300. it's not quite as easy to play as the Ibanez's and Schecter's because of its wider neck and string spacing but, the tone is superior, IMO.
I bought my Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 on Ebay for $350 and man it sounds pretty darn good for the price. I just got it back from setup today and I cant put it down. I run it through a B200 and they both sound so meaty and delicious together
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll look up all the basses and narrow my choices.
save up a little more and get a ibanez ATK305, best 5 string bass for under $1000 in my opinion. The only other 5 string bass I would say to look @ in this price range would be the schecter stilettos.