Quick question about Seymour Duncan's Triple Shot Switching Mounting Ring...

I read that this can change the wiring from series to parallel... but it also said it can shut one coil off (this can be either coil in a humbucker). Does anyone know if this is basically the same as having a push/pull volume pot to split the humbeucker into single coil (only with the addition of choosing between series and parallel)?

I've been considering getting a push pull system (or maybe the emg 81TW as it comes with the push pull system and the 81 is very nice indeed) but if this new mounting ring from Seymour Duncan can do it for me then I might just get that.

Thanks in advance!
It just allows you to take advantage of splitting the P-Rails to either the P-90 or the Rail Pickup without drilling a bunch of switches with the added advantage of being able to change from series to parallel. The same thing can be done with push/pull pots or switches but it will be more of a hassle and you'll need to buy several push/pull pots and switches.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Awesome. Once it's installed can it be uninstalled? I was told that push pull systems can't be uninstalled...
Yes, you'd just wire the pickups to the pots like normal instead of to the pickup ring. Push/pull systems can be uninstalled, you just have to have normal pots to replace the push/pull pots with.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

$139 bucks a pieces? Ouch. It costs me $9 for 5 DPDT on-on-on switches from Asia, with shipping. lol. It does series/parallel/and coil split. You can't select the coil you want, but you can hard with it with the switch, so bridge uses bottom coil, neck uses top, and they are humcancelling that way when they are used together. Of course it means drilling some holes in your guitar or pickguard in my case. I have a strat-copy and 3 GFS lil-killer humbucker rails, and 3 DPDT switches so I have lots of sound options. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
ooooooooooooh i didn't realise they were that expensive! I don't really like the idea of drilling holes in my guitar... not sure why. The mounting rings are a great idea, just probably a bit out of my price range at the moment lol. Might just wait till i get my next guitar and get it with the switch system. I was looking at the EMG 81TW or 85TW as they come with the push pull system. very nice pickups too. a bit cliche, but that doesn't mean they don't sound good

thanks for your help mate, i appreciate it =)
$140 a pop? Damn, I was hoping I could get some.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by GeToChKn
$139 bucks a pieces? Ouch. It costs me $9 for 5 DPDT on-on-on switches from Asia, with shipping. lol. It does series/parallel/and coil split. You can't select the coil you want, but you can hard with it with the switch, so bridge uses bottom coil, neck uses top, and they are humcancelling that way when they are used together. Of course it means drilling some holes in your guitar or pickguard in my case. I have a strat-copy and 3 GFS lil-killer humbucker rails, and 3 DPDT switches so I have lots of sound options. lol.

They're $49.99 a set.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

They're $49.99 a set.

Oh.
Hm, may have to get some for my LP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That's not too bad. I'd probably pay that rather than drill into my guitar, just for piece of mind.
Quote by mmolteratx

They're $49.99 a set.

I don't know where I saw them for $139 because I googled it as I saw this thread. Opps. Should have ebay-ed them, I see them there for 49.99.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
their 50 a set.

They replace your mountings rings and are idiot proof. I've got like 3 sets laying around somewhere.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
http://www.1728.com/guitar10.htm
This is the basic wiring diagram of the triple shot, only instead of "neck" and "bridge" pickup, the triple shot uses the two coils of a humbucker. So basically, its two SPDT switches in a mounting ring. IMO definitely not worth the price.