the sound that comes out of my amp, which is the vt50 vox, is sounding a little weird.

im not sure if its the tube or the speaker. sometimes its goes loud and then all of a

sudden it goes quiet. anyone can help?
I highly doubt it has anything to do with the tube. Preamp tubes will last awhile and it's not a part of the power amp circuit so even if it was bad it just wouldn't work. There would be no volume problems. You might want to ask GB&C. And if they can't help you, it's time for a new amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Its gonna be the SS section of the amp doing this. The volume surge thing is a common issue w SS amps. In most cases its not economical to fix.
Hey check out www.valvetronix.net. It's a set of forums devoted to your amp.

As ridiculous as this sounds, MOST of the volume spike problems on this amp are a result of dirty input jacks. I don't understand how a dirty input jack can cause that issue but apparently it's true.

Mine was only 4 months old when I had the problem. I purchased some electrical cleaner, sprayed it in the jack and then worked an input cable in and out a few times to work it in. I sprayed it in all the jacks.

The problem immediately went away and never came back.

Check out the site I sent you to, the forum moderator is extremely helpful and he's the one that pointed me in the right direction.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100