sup guys new to this forum

i am thinking of buying a samock (greg bennet) av3 les paul standard copy
just wondering if i should ,i cant afford a epi so it seems like the next best thing ive tried it in the store and its just as good as the epi ..what do u guys think?

the epi is $1000
the av3 is $500

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/av3.html
Tony Iomio and other famous guitarist chooses to use an epi instead of gibson, so there is nothing wrong with them.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
Tony Iomio and other famous guitarist chooses to use an epi instead of gibson, so there is nothing wrong with them.

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I dont know where TS is from but yea in Aus Epis can go up to $1500
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
yes australia

a epiphone is $1200 on sale its $999

now to the point i cant afford a epi and want a les paul is the samock the way to go?
when you played it did you like it??? or if your new and cant tell if its good quality or not bring some one with you that can
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Samicks are good, for the money. Also have a look at the Legacys, almost half the price of an Epi. Where in Aus are you?
Quote by LP_CL

This.

EDIT: I think you can better buy a guitar that is made over there, think its a lot cheaper and you only pay for the actual guitar.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Gryphon999
This.

EDIT: I think you can better buy a guitar that is made over there, think its a lot cheaper and you only pay for the actual guitar.

Maton's start at a 1000 bucks too ...

Not all epiphones are a 1000 bucks. You might be able to get a les paul standard for like 800. You will have to shop around though and wait for the right time
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Look for a copy of a Les Paul that is cheaper. I can recommend you one already - Tradition. The Tradition S series model seemed good to me when I played one. I couldn't compare it with a Gibson Les Paul as the store didn't have any in stock but I would say it was better than the Epiphones at least.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 23, 2009,
i tried it in the shop and it was real nice
i also tried the epi , if it was a blind test i would not be able to tell the difference
the samock has every single feature the epi does for half price
just bit pissed cuz i can even aford a epi

to tell the truth ive already put a deposit down on it
Quote by drdecibel
Samicks are good, for the money. Also have a look at the Legacys, almost half the price of an Epi. Where in Aus are you?

nsw central coast
Well if you already put a deposit on it, then it seems your already made up your mind. No need to ask here.
Quote by FCurimao
Well if you already put a deposit on it, then it seems your already made up your mind. No need to ask here.

just ima bit unsure on it i can easly take away the deposit
NSW centra coast? good to no we the stores i no there are macron music makin music egm and gosford music centre not a good store makin music i aways use it the guy there is reay nice he wont give you whatever he can he can get you what you need for a good price http://www.makinmusic.com.au/ thats the site not much on it but its got the area check it out
Quote by iamawsomeguitar
NSW centra coast? good to no we the stores i no there are macron music makin music egm and gosford music centre not a good store makin music i aways use it the guy there is reay nice he wont give you whatever he can he can get you what you need for a good price http://www.makinmusic.com.au/ thats the site not much on it but its got the area check it out

never ever go to macron music biggesy ripoff
i haven't heard of the others (i just moved up here)
im not sure what the music store i go to its in wyong
the guys real nice think i might just go with this samock
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
I take it that you mean Tony Iommi? He plays a Gibson and several other custom built guitars...

And who else places Epiphone over Gibson (discounting guitarists/guitars from before 1970, which is before Epiphone was made Gibson's budget line)
My friend had a $300-$400 samick, my $200 Epiphone kicked the **** out of it. Save a few extra bucks and get an Epi, you'll enjoy it more in the long run.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
the odd thing about this is until a few years ago, Epis were all made by Samick.
Quote by al112987
the odd thing about this is until a few years ago, Epis were all made by Samick.

haha really
macron are a rip off but if you go need the servo and IGA you will find makin music its down from erina fair and its a really nice store
a lot of the brands you guys are talking about either aren't available hear or are pretty hard to come by unless going online
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
wait, what? 500 for the greg bennet? WTH? the most expensive gb here is priced 250 i think. you shipping it?
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Quote by cajun_prince
wait, what? 500 for the greg bennet? WTH? the most expensive gb here is priced 250 i think. you shipping it?

i live in australia