This year, the first year I've had my laptop, I've had the first power adapter crap out on my completely, and now the replacement adapter only works when I hold in the plug. Has anyone had similar experience with this?
My HP did this with the adaptor it came with after a few weeks. I went and got a replacement and it's lasted me a year and a half so far with no problems.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've had to get 6 new Gateway adapters and get the jack fixed twice. It sucks.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
my advent laptop dies constantly needing new adadptors, luckily im starting work soon so ill be able to get a mac
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
On my old laptop, every time I turned it on, it kept giving me alerts that an unknown power adapter was being used. It was the same adapter I had used the whole time though so it annoyed me
Quote by Alex Vik
This year, the first year I've had my laptop, I've had the first power adapter crap out on my completely, and now the replacement adapter only works when I hold in the plug. Has anyone had similar experience with this?

i saw a documentary about you yesterday, you stock-market decieving, manipulative, sly son of a...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Alex Vik
Wat

isnt that where you got your name from? alexander vik, a swedish/norwegian business man who made billions during the stock market bubble by manipulating and decieving people.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
isnt that where you got your name from? alexander vik, a swedish/norwegian business man who made billions during the stock market bubble by manipulating and decieving people.

No...I get my name from my name. Vik is short for my actual last name. Although I am Norwegian.

Quote by GUNTHER!
Don't buy Gateway. Simple.

I'll keep that in mind when I buy a computer myself.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by ShallowEndings
I don't think i've ever heard of em, obviously its a good thing to..

Really? They were huge for a while....on par with HP and Compaq.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
Really? They were huge for a while. IIRC they've been using different brand names recently. I think eMachines is one of them...

If so, that would explain why my desktop is so crappy too.

Edit: Yep, Gateway bought eMachines in 2004.
Quote by Alex Vik
Owned.

No, in this case, i believe it is the TS that got owned.
I edited that...eMachines is owned by gateway, but they're separate. eMachines actually has very reliable machines, believe it or not.

edit: you beat me to it XD

edit again: Apparently Acer owns Gateway now...?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik
I'm TS. >.>

Well there you go.
My point has been made.
=)
Gateway just suck in my opinion I'm on my laptop which is a gateway.
So far, I've not had issues with this power pack, but 6 months after buying the laptop the old power pack broke...Had to get some guy to pick i up - took 2 weeks. Thank god my sister had invested in a Gateway too, so I used her power.
Lesson: Buy a desktop..?

It's just bad luck
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Quote by Steeze
Well there you go.
My point has been made.
=)

Your point that almost all Mac owners are elitists? Yep, you point was really made.

Quote by CheeZey!
Lesson: Buy a desktop..?

HIGHLY impractical for me. I need a laptop. Tabs, backing tracks, mobile recording, I need a laptop for all of those things. Yes I can get tabs and backing tracks on a desktop, but I can't transport them anywhere.
Quote by Alex Vik
Your point that almost all Mac owners are elitists? Yep, you point was really made.

No actually that was YOUR point.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
That wasn't my point.

Then what was your point?

Edit: ^AH ****, I haven't slept at all and all this "your point, my point, his point" is getting confusing. And my battery doesn't have much longer to live, and the adapter totally crapped out on me. Peace.
Quote by Alex Vik
HIGHLY impractical for me. I need a laptop. Tabs, backing tracks, mobile recording, I need a laptop for all of those things. Yes I can get tabs and backing tracks on a desktop, but I can't transport them anywhere.

Aaah, makes sense. I was just assuming it was a general use computer, my apologies. Well, if you get chance meshcomputers.com is a fairly good website. My dad spent £600 on a laptop and it has even yet to overheat Mine's overheated 5 times this month...
Expensive, maybe.

or just buy a backup power pack, if you look about online you'll find some 'unbranded' power packs that are compatible with your laptop
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Quote by CheeZey!
Aaah, makes sense. I was just assuming it was a general use computer, my apologies. Well, if you get chance meshcomputers.com is a fairly good website. My dad spent £600 on a laptop and it has even yet to overheat Mine's overheated 5 times this month...
Expensive, maybe.

or just buy a backup power pack, if you look about online you'll find some 'unbranded' power packs that are compatible with your laptop

My dad actually said maybe he'd buy me a backup power pack. It seems like that would be a good idea now. (By the way, I'm typing from his laptop now. Dell FTW).
Quote by Alex Vik
My dad actually said maybe he'd buy me a backup power pack. It seems like that would be a good idea now. (By the way, I'm typing from his laptop now. Dell FTW).

Dell = x ... for me =\

Just google "laptop power adaptors" and then you'll find some sites which have non-specific power packs. The next issue is finding out the model of your laptop and what'not.
You could buy a universal power pack (about £25 or something) which comes with about 12 adapters for the laptop plug...The issue with this is finding a good quality connector [cable to laptop plug] and finding the correct amount of power [not more or less].
I would help with websites but...It'll give you something to do

Edit:
Universal
Specific
Also, look at Acers...There is information on different model adaptors that can be used on Gateway. I think one was an Acer power pack and a few others in Sony.
Quote by shattamakar

...Music is like that.
Last edited by CheeZey! at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by CheeZey!
Dell = x ... for me =\

Just google "laptop power adaptors" and then you'll find some sites which have non-specific power packs. The next issue is finding out the model of your laptop and what'not.
You could buy a universal power pack (about £25 or something) which comes with about 12 adapters for the laptop plug...The issue with this is finding a good quality connector [cable to laptop plug] and finding the correct amount of power [not more or less].
I would help with websites but...It'll give you something to do

Edit:
Universal
Specific
Also, look at Acers...There is information on different model adaptors that can be used on Gateway. I think one was an Acer power pack and a few others in Sony.

Well, I'll do that when the warranty runs out, because I'm pretty sure it's covered by the warranty.
We went to best buy to look at universal adapters and the cheapest they had was about $100 (£59 I believe).
:O £59?! That's expensive, off both them websites [even the gateway specific] are about £30-45 which is probably bout $80...Just use the warranty, probably the best idea
Hope this was helpful
Quote by shattamakar

...Music is like that.