Which is better?

I have the ZW wah, there's one for sale near to me, but I don't know whether I want to buy it or not, or whether I should (for money reasons and also whether it'd just be a waste).

I play stuff like Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown, Alterbridge, Steve&Satch, and stuff like QOTSA and Soundgarden.

Cheers guys!
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Its not Vai's tone, though that I'm after, its which would be the better wah sound for me.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
He said Vai's tone is much smoother, not that the wah has a bigger sweep or its more responsive or anything like that. He talked about the musician's end products vs. each other, not the wah pedals.

Edit: Seen your edit Chuckles, cheers for the help xD
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
well I see you mentioned Alter Bridge, and if i may throw in a third option, I REALLY loved playing with Mark Tremonti's Signature wah by Morley, look into it...
"Be as radical as reality."
- V.I. Lenin
Thanks Stereoaxis, I did like Mark Tremonti's wah too, but I chose the Zakk Wylde one over it.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
Morley Bad Horsie 2

because its true-bypass
and you have 2 knobs with allow you to adjust the wah frequency and level.

Possibly modded normal GCB-95 to ZW
Last edited by bartos at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by bartos
Morley Bad Horsie 2

because its true-bypass
and you have 2 knobs with allow you to adjust the wah frequency and level.

Possibly modded normal GCB-95 to ZW

it's NOT true-bypass. get your facts straight. i've never seen an electro-optical designed wah that has true bypass.

bad horsie 2 is essentially bad horsie 1 + contour wah. so you get 2 wahs is one pedal.

there's a switch to engage/disengage the contour wah and the 2 knobs are your contour wah parameters.

i have the bad horsie 2 and i think bad horsie itself is no good for cleans. playing with low gain settings you get too much volume boost from heels-down to toes-down.
but then that's why you have the contour wah, you can adjust its contour and level.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain