Poll: zhilla v jimmy 94
Poll Options
View poll results: zhilla v jimmy 94
zhilla
3 13%
jimmy94
20 87%
Voters: 23.
Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

Zhilla - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/zhilla/music/all/play683592

Jimmy94 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jimmy94/music/play677007

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!
My vote goes to jimmy94, for tone and vocals.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
The overall quality of Jimmy94's track is excellent. Great playing and the vocal works really well.
lol thanks - you too (not that you need it) I guess I can wish you luck for the next rounds though
Jimmy -Solo fitted, but didn't do much for me. This is why i don't really like ZZ Top, it lends itself to basic RnR playing and doesn't really allow for much diversity & originality. Sounded like pentatonic noodling mostly, with some added harmonics here and there.

Zhilla - learn to bend to pitch man >.<, be it a microtonal or to pitch bend. Timing was a bit borked in parts, and a loot of noodling. Not much variation in dynamics etc either.

Gotta go with Jimmy
To be honest I found Zhilla's one really disorientating and overwhelming.

The vocals, guitar, production on Jimmy's one was really great. Really great solo as well.

Jimmy got my vote.
Thanks for the feedback carmour - I'm working on it. Mine was always going to suck compared to everyone elses but its good to have some pointers of where it sucked most sorry if I hurt your ears lol
i went with jimmy because I liked it more, no real reason.. I wasn't a real big fan of the vocals, but this is a guitar website.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Jimmy94 gets my vote. Just enjoyed it more.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by zhilla
Thanks for the feedback carmour - I'm working on it. Mine was always going to suck compared to everyone elses but its good to have some pointers of where it sucked most sorry if I hurt your ears lol

keep at it bro, focus on making every note count and you'll improve quickly