View poll results: zhilla v jimmy 94
zhilla
3 13%
jimmy94
20 87%
Voters: 23.
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

Zhilla - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/zhilla/music/all/play683592

Jimmy94 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jimmy94/music/play677007

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!
nico42
UG Lurker
113 IQ
My vote goes to jimmy94, for tone and vocals.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
j_hunter_hkr
aka Jamie
664 IQ
The overall quality of Jimmy94's track is excellent. Great playing and the vocal works really well.
zhilla
344 IQ
lol thanks - you too (not that you need it) I guess I can wish you luck for the next rounds though
carmour
243 IQ
Jimmy -Solo fitted, but didn't do much for me. This is why i don't really like ZZ Top, it lends itself to basic RnR playing and doesn't really allow for much diversity & originality. Sounded like pentatonic noodling mostly, with some added harmonics here and there.

Zhilla - learn to bend to pitch man >.<, be it a microtonal or to pitch bend. Timing was a bit borked in parts, and a loot of noodling. Not much variation in dynamics etc either.

Gotta go with Jimmy
Hendrix_fan_14
What?
936 IQ
To be honest I found Zhilla's one really disorientating and overwhelming.

The vocals, guitar, production on Jimmy's one was really great. Really great solo as well.

Jimmy got my vote.
zhilla
344 IQ
Thanks for the feedback carmour - I'm working on it. Mine was always going to suck compared to everyone elses but its good to have some pointers of where it sucked most sorry if I hurt your ears lol
rocknroll93
Warning: Small Parts
501 IQ
i went with jimmy because I liked it more, no real reason.. I wasn't a real big fan of the vocals, but this is a guitar website.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
Jimmy94 gets my vote. Just enjoyed it more.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
carmour
243 IQ
Quote by zhilla
Thanks for the feedback carmour - I'm working on it. Mine was always going to suck compared to everyone elses but its good to have some pointers of where it sucked most sorry if I hurt your ears lol

keep at it bro, focus on making every note count and you'll improve quickly