View poll results: nico42 v shark48j
nico42
18 64%
shark38j
10 36%
Voters: 28.
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

Nico42 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/nico42/music/play686238

shark38j - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/shark38j/music/play683853

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!
j_hunter_hkr
aka Jamie
664 IQ
Another good dual, really like both tracks. The change of pace in Nico42's track was interesting, but kinda redundant. I've gone with shark38j, I like the laid back pace and the playing is very tasteful.
shark38j
The Blues Live On
454 IQ
Nico, great track. I love the change style. Very nice. Goodluck.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
nico42
UG Lurker
113 IQ
Thanks man! You got some cool licks yourself!
I listened to your track before I recorded mine and decided that I'll need a different approach and a little surprise in it to make up for my lack of blues experience, which you obviously got.

I guess it comes down to what the voters wanna hear in a blues duel track, so the best of luck to you, too!
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
Hendrix_fan_14
What?
936 IQ
I sort of got blown away a bit at the change of tempo which is not a good thing in my opinion. Appreciate your use of diversity and playing was generally good. The solo was great, nice to see that variation.

Shark's one suffered from clipping and the soloing was very tasteful, nice slow sombre pace, good use of dynamics and tone.

I voted for Shark.
rocknroll93
Warning: Small Parts
501 IQ
i liked nico's track. you guys are saying that you didn't like the change in temo, i did.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
salmon philippe
1,923 IQ
Nico - Wow ! very impressed , Just a critic though , it seems there are two tunes in one , the intro is very trad. blues then it turns to something very modern ... big contrast

shark - your solo is really interresting and never boring me at all

nico42
UG Lurker
113 IQ
The slow part is just meant to be a little intro(indicated by that old record player noise etc) and the traditional/modern contrast is of course completely intentional. I knew that some people would like it and some wouldn't and that's intentional, too. I'm more of a prog-guy, you see, so I like some surprises in my music

But take it as some kind of election pledge that my next track will probably be a more homogeneous, slow shuffle minor blues with maybe a bass/guitar duet, so vote for ME!

..or for shark, he's cool, too
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
I liked Nico - I thought the tempo change into heavy blues rock was excellent. Thought Shark's was great, very tasteful, but Nico got my vote.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
zhilla
344 IQ
Wow tough call - I voted for Nico, but only after some serious wavering back and forth!
CarpUK
Wine Sponge
39 IQ
Hmmm, tricky one, that. Went to Nico in the end, as it suited my mood at the moment. Had I checked the thread later after a glass or two of wine it would have gone to Shark.

Oh, now I'm feeling guilty for voting...
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.