Highbinder
Stoned isthewayofthe Walk
1,975 IQ
Hey guys,

Just interested in finding out what everyone is using to play slide with, and if anyone is using anything a bit.. random.

Here are mine:

On the left a plain brass slide, on the right a half size (covers 4 strings nicely) ironwood (lignum vitae) slide, the material you can see is just a bit of leather lace looped inside to help keep it stable on my pinky as you can see its a fair whack bigger in diameter than the other slide.

Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
poipoi
UG's Bio-Engineer
1,026 IQ
Just a plain Dunlop Brass slide (i think the 220)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Highbinder
Stoned isthewayofthe Walk
1,975 IQ
Quote by szekelymihai
interesting, the one on the right i thought it was plain wood and i was wondering, how the hell can that make any sound
id like to have one

Well I got it on etsy; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27890282

Its quite a mellow tone, the wood is actually very hard so it works well as a slide, theres not even any wear on it.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Iceman 420
UG's Poke-Penguin
1,360 IQ
I use the Eric Sardinas Preachin' Pipe. It's this brass slide that tapers a bit, quite comfy and nice sounding.
My Gear:
Ibanez GRX20
Fender Esquire
Keeley TS808
BBE Free Fuzz
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Classic 50
Ovation Ultra 1528

"There are only two types of rock guitarists: Jeff Beck and everyone else."
-Mio Akiyama (K-ON!)
barefootboy
a gray haired boy
192 IQ
A home made one from a wine bottle. I like the sound of thick glass slides. I am going to try one made of copper pipe and may change my mind.
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
i lost my steel one a few weeks ago, can't find it anywhere. must have put it down somewhere. if i buy a new one i am bound to find the old one the very next day.

still, if i buy a brass one at least it will be different to the old one. what difference do brass ones make over steel, or glass for that matter?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
I have a steel, a thick brass, a glass, and a dunlop mudslide ceramic, I use the steel the most because I play more acoustic slide than electric
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man
2,962 IQ
i have two regular glass slides, a chrome slide, and i just picked up this slide yesterday by dunlop. its basically like an old medicine bottle with a kind of red/yellow burst on it. i think the next time i go to the store i might pick up a mudslide and/or a thicker glass slide.
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
Quote by dr_john
i lost my steel one a few weeks ago, can't find it anywhere. must have put it down somewhere. if i buy a new one i am bound to find the old one the very next day.

still, if i buy a brass one at least it will be different to the old one. what difference do brass ones make over steel, or glass for that matter?

ok, found it in a drawer in my room.

a small label inside says 'Jim Dunlop USA 220'
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
I have a silver brass Dunlop. I (attempt) to play with slide with it on my ring finger, not my pinky .
Mr.Cuddles
1,324 IQ
a small glass dunlop on my pinky and a massive mudslide should i feel like using my ring finger, i also have some other glass slides and a feww bbrass ones, a jetslide and plan on aquiring a cordicin bottle type slide as well as a brass slide with a flared end.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)