Long time lurker, first post. Well I have been palying for about two months, just ordered and Ibanez RG321MG and now looking for an amp. Just looking for a bedroom amp, so...........

1)Line 6 Spider IV
2)Roland 15X
3)Peavy Vypry 15X

I know it's probally splitting hairs between the three but I would like the experiance of the UG community to help me decide. I'm sure a better amp would be, well better, but unfortunetly my buget is only $100

Right now I'm just doing exercises and playing simple songs, but eventually I would love to play Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc...........

Right now I leaning towrds the Peavy, but the Roland is in close second. The Line 6 has got no respect on this board. I can not back this up because I have not even played one of these amp personally yet.

Thanks in adavance
Nick F
The Vypyr sounds pretty decent for what it is, lots of effects and amp models to play with to help you figure out what your next 'big' amp purchase might be.

I'd get that.
Peavey

EDIT: And If this helps you decide, I am saving up for a very pricey amplifier with a footswitch that costs 4 times the price of the Vypyr 15 yet I still want one
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Aug 23, 2009,
Peavey Vypyr
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
I have the Cube, it's a very good amp for the price, it's a good decision, plenty of sounds available.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
SPIDER IV!!!!

j/k
git a Vypyr
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Supersonic64
the spider iv just came out so how would you guys know it sucks already?

mmoltartex or something like that made a thread about it and he said it sucked waay more than the III
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
peavey
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Supersonic64
the spider iv just came out so how would you guys know it sucks already?

I ab'd it next to a III and posted a thread on it. The gain sounds are worse than the III in every way but the cleans are actually improved, they've got more of a sparkling quality when EQ'd right..
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
I ab'd it next to a III and posted a thread on it. The gain sounds are worse than the III in every way but the cleans are actually improved, they've got more of a sparkling quality when EQ'd right..

wow that was fast.
Quote by Supersonic64
wow that was fast.

GC's had em in stock for the few days they've been out. I was just driving by yesterday and figured I'd stop by to try em out.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs