Well guys my bass' truss rod needs an adjustment but when opened the cap i saw no nust or something that could be adjusted whatsoever i need your help.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Occasionally the nut for the truss rod is at the bottom of the neck. If your bass has a pickguard, pop it off and take a looksy.
I dont have a pickgaurd. So where should this nut be? there are a few screws at the back of the body but thats for the neck.
Quote by epcifail
Sadly there isnt a adjuster
As Del said, pics of your bass would be useful.

stratkat
if you look inside the cavity (i'm assuming by your first post that what you took off was the truss rod cover on the headstock) do you see something that you could stick an allen wrench into? try a flashlight, too
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by capslockisnton
if you look inside the cavity (i'm assuming by your first post that what you took off was the truss rod cover on the headstock) do you see something that you could stick an allen wrench into? try a flashlight, too

Yes! you're right there is a small area which i could stick an allen wrench into.

thanks !
Quote by epcifail
Yes! you're right there is a small area which i could stick an allen wrench into.

thanks !

Seeing that you probably didn't know this, most guitars and basses adjust the truss rod with an allen key like that.
Seeing that you probably didn't know this, most guitars and basses adjust the truss rod with an allen key like that.

Yeah this is the first time im adjusting it..
Quote by epcifail
Yeah this is the first time im adjusting it..

Well, I figured.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup
you should learn a little about your truss rod before attempting an adjustment.

Broken link, please try again.
I'm in the same situation as the poster, except I know what the truss rod is. I just really screwed it up the last time and now my bass has really high action AND a ton of buzz. Is there a set margin of how much bow is supposed to be in the neck? I know you're supposed to have a millimeter at the 12 on a guitar, but what about bass?
Thanks.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Broken link, please try again.
I'm in the same situation as the poster, except I know what the truss rod is. I just really screwed it up the last time and now my bass has really high action AND a ton of buzz. Is there a set margin of how much bow is supposed to be in the neck? I know you're supposed to have a millimeter at the 12 on a guitar, but what about bass?
Thanks.

Read the FAQ.