Hey UG
ive been playin with a crappy amp for about a year now ,and i feel its time to upgrade.
i live in lebanon so prices are jacked up, and i was able to find a Laney LV300 412 halfstack. i play mostly metal, like CoB BFMV trivium etc, so i would like to have amazing high gain, but i would also like some good cleans.

i also found a Randall RG50TC combo, i think its all tube, i know that randall is usually high gain, but i wanna know wat u guys think.

in short, i jst wanna know if any of these amps are good for metal, im willing to compromise on the cleans for high gain, and which would u recommend

Thanks all
GeaR :

CORT x6 equipped with Seymour Duncan Invaders

Digitech RP250

Shitty 30w Silvertone Amp

Randall RG50TC
what is your budget?
do you gig?
can you go used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
1200$, ya i gig, no used amps

but dude, i justs wanna know which is better
GeaR :

Digitech RP250

Randall RG50TC
get a tube amp ... both Trivium(well corey does) and B4MV play 6505's/5150's (same amp .. diffrent era/casing

everyone classes the Bugera 6262 as a poor mans 6505 ...i played on one in a local store and they are amazing .. nice low end too

on the bugera site they are $809 excluding Vat .. soo this would be good

and all problems have been resolved
Last edited by kakos at Aug 23, 2009,
if you want really loud high gain,get a krank there all tube and loud enough to kill small animals,or you could get a Messa/Boogie,both would be great,but in you're case probably the randal
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Last edited by saitenslayer at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by saitenslayer
if you want really loud high gain,get a krank

krank doesnt do it for me... dont know why and theyre extremly overpriced for what they are just my opinion
guys, pay close attention to what im about to say:

I LIVE IN LEBANON!! STUFF IS EFFIN EXPENSIVE HERE, AND THERE IS NO SELECTION, NO1 HERE HAS EVER HEARD OF PEAVEYS OR BUGERAS!!

dont mean to be an ass or anything but thats the way it is, could u just tell me which if the amps i listed is better and y?
GeaR :

Digitech RP250

Randall RG50TC
Quote by THISisJURJI
guys, pay close attention to what im about to say:

I LIVE IN LEBANON!! STUFF IS EFFIN EXPENSIVE HERE, AND THERE IS NO SELECTION, NO1 HERE HAS EVER HEARD OF PEAVEYS OR BUGERAS!!

dont mean to be an ass or anything but thats the way it is, could u just tell me which if the amps i listed is better and y?

the Randall is better.

if you can find a Randall RM50 or a V2 then go with that
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by kakos
krank doesn't do it for me... don't know why and they're extremely overpriced for what they are just my opinion

I don't own one but I've plaid the revolution ll amp and i loved it,
and I'm going to buy the krankenstien (used because they are extremely over priced)
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
no one has heard of peavey?! I live in trinidad.. and even people here know peavey.. wow O_O