I've been playing for 5 years and I need something to practice.

Lately whenever I grab the guitar I just jam/play songs that I know but obviously this doesn't do all that much for your playing...save slightly improving your improv.

Im looking for something to actually "learn" or sit down and practice that isn't really a song but something that I need to work on. Any advice?

-I have a solid background in music theory
-Guitar techniques (Sweeping, Alt picking, economy picking, ect)
-I have a strong sense of time

My overall goal would to essentially play like Mr. Trucci...

Advice?!
Proghead and Proud
Take a look at the exercises sticky in this forum. There's exercises for everything.

As for playing like Petrucci, learn some of his songs and get used to his style. Play Erotomania or Scarred, or Repentance (If you have a 7 string). Once you get a few of his songs under your belt, play some other prog music and mix in some Queensryche, Prototype, and Symphony X. Just look at some of your biggest influences and expand on their styles.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I'll have to take a look at the exercise forum, didn't know it existed.

As for learning Prog songs, I've learned quite a few
Proghead and Proud
Quote by SchecterAbuser7
I'll have to take a look at the exercise forum, didn't know it existed.

As for learning Prog songs, I've learned quite a few

If you're done with petrucci songs try BTBAM that might keep you busy for a while
Do you do any song writing?

Lately, I've been writing a lot of stuff in GuitarPro, and for the most part I try to write things just slightly outside my ability to play. Then I'll use my chord progressions and solos and what not as part of my practice routine. I find that it tends to be a lot more interesting than just grabbing some random routines off here. Plus it really helps to kind of solidify your own style.