behringer=no
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
gk backline. they have a built-in distortion channel and a line out to plug into a pa if you need more power
Dont buy a behringer, and also, 180w is like the minimum you will need for a small gig, so i would suggest getting something a little bigger.

Quote by anthsband
gk backline. they have a built-in distortion channel and a line out to plug into a pa if you need more power

General consensus on the lower end GK models i.e backline, is that they have poor build quality, and are slightly lacking in tone.

TS, can you give us a budget that you havr to buy the amp with, and what style of music you play.

The ashdown MAG 4x10s are pretty nice, and if you have a little more cash then perhaps a Hartke, or G (not backline series) rig...
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Aug 23, 2009,
I would say the most I want to pay is $350. I'm going to be playing hard rock. (Something in the range of Led Zeppelin to Nirvana)
I can get a perfect Novoselic tone out of my Hartke and a p bass
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 23, 2009,
for $350, you are gonna have to look used. Do you drive? where in florida, and we can have a quick sconse at the local craigslist
I just picked up a Peavey TNT 115 200watt. Suits me down to the ground. Albeit extremely weighty.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by jimmy_neutron
i have never tried the TNT series, but i played the max series 115, and it was absolutely god god awful.

Ah I've never tried the max series. My dad's guitar supplier found this TNT for me, and it was pretty sick so I got that.

But TS...
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-TNT-115-1x15-200W-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481381

Look for a second hand one of those. I picked mine up for £175 second hand.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by TheFerret
This seems like a good deal.

I looked online, couldn't find any reviews. Also the condition is refurbished. Should I steer clear?

yeah, I wouldn't trust a refurbished amp. They find enough ways to break new without being refurbished on top. And I wouldn't get it, a 208 (28? 2x8? whatever) speaker configuration wouldn't be too great. Check out kustom, the 200W series are very good, and kustoms seem to sound far louder than they should :P

115C

this head doesn't seem to have many knobs, but I do want all the same.

fifthorsoedit: tour combo I've heard a lot of good about the tour heads, and this might be worth the wait of a month or whatever it is now to get it
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by gwath42
I've got a Peavey 115. And it's really good.

Actually the Backline 600 has some surprisingly good reviews. And you can find it on Ebay and classified for under $100.

Just look at it's review at Guitar Center, Musicians Friends..
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Gallien-Krueger/Backline+600+Head/10/1

If those reviews came from harmony central, then i would be inclined to take them with a pinch of salt. That site has reviews with people raving about behringer amps for god sakes

as for the refurb ampeg, i wouldnt really go for that, a 2x8 speaker configuration would be a bit lacking in low end really.