if you're not willing to go for heavier strings, look for a set with a heavy bottom, so that the strings don't sound flabby when detuned.
my suggestion in the long run would be to work youre way up to a generally higher string gauge if you're going to stay detuned though.
Quote by init24
if you're not willing to go for heavier strings, look for a set with a heavy bottom, so that the strings don't sound flabby when detuned.
my suggestion in the long run would be to work youre way up to a generally higher string gauge if you're going to stay detuned though.

its gonna be either in D or dropped C ~60-70 % ofthe time,with the occasional half hour in E.
Quote by dfinch10
Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky (.11-.54)

+1
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
I Use Custom 10-60 or 11-70s for drop tunings and they do them pretty well after a proper set up.

but d'darrios 10-52 will work out for you fine
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by blue_strat
11s would feel more like 10s with the reduced tension.

yea, I played 11's on Eb for a while and when I switched to D standard, made all the difference in the world for playability
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
i use 10-52 (erny ball heavy bottom) and even drop A or B is still playable for me, while still being able to go to standard without it being too tight.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Regular .10's should do the job.

Even just Ernie Ball Slinkies (.9) should be fine with some adjustment to the action and truss rod.
I find custom gauge strings to be better for dropped tunings. And the best all rounders in my opinion are Earnie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom's, like .10-.52. Although the Earnie Ball Beefy Slinky's .11-.54 (I think), gave awesome tone but I didn't like all that thickness, they're just way too much string for one guy
Quote by GS LEAD 5
its gonna be either in D or dropped C ~60-70 % ofthe time,with the occasional half hour in E.

You might want to leave it in D.

Not every guitar can handle E standard with .11s.
I'd say +1 for the Beefy Slinky set. That's even a bit too light for my taste for D tuning, being that more or less the gauge I use for standard E tuning, but well, I guess for most people it's more than enough.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby