dont know if this is in the right forum but it doesnt seem to fit anywhere

im in a band but i might be leaving it. i still want to play in my high school talent show this year though and if i do it without a band i plan on playing Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. I dont know if this is a good decision though because im not sure if the kids in my school would enjoy hearing a rock instrumental. I went to the show last year and they loved when the guitarist in a band played a nice solo but this is different because theres no words. Anyway im asking you guys if you think it would be a good idea to play this song and what you think other people would think of it (if i played it good). thanks
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
if you played it well.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
its a good song and as long as you put on a good show people should love it. good luck if you do.

P.S. Did you name your sig Charlene? lol
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX
Eleca Les Paul
Esteban Acoustic/Electric Steel String
60's model Univox Electric 12-String
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Dunlop MXR Wylde Overdrive
Esteban G-10 Amp
Dean Markley K-50 Amp
Quote by ProphetToJables
if you played it well.

yeah i can play it well pretty much perfectly minus a few of the shred sections but im working on them all the time and i will have them by next year obviously
My gear
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Quote by Evan792
its a good song and as long as you put on a good show people should love it. good luck if you do.

P.S. Did you name your sig Charlene? lol

first lul stack for me ever congratulations

and yes i did name it that cause its the only pussy im gonna get
My gear
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
well im glad i could make you laugh
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX
Eleca Les Paul
Esteban Acoustic/Electric Steel String
60's model Univox Electric 12-String
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Dunlop MXR Wylde Overdrive
Esteban G-10 Amp
Dean Markley K-50 Amp
Quote by DKMfreak410
yeah i can play it well pretty much perfectly minus a few of the shred sections but im working on them all the time and i will have them by next year obviously

Hey I don't want to go off subject but channeling all your practice time to one song takes away from practicing things to get better at. I say this to people I teach all the time. I think you should make an original song and play that.. If you have the talent it will show either way.

Great song BTW and I'm sure you will do just fine.
The most talented man on earth...
I would do it as long as you can play it at least almost perfectly by the time of that talent show. I'm sure people would love it, that song is a lot more popular now because of Guitar Hero. Even the people who have been living under a rock that haven't played Guitar Hero 3 would most likely enjoy it, as long as you do it good.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^