So yeah I was trying to have a jam with a guitarist who was using an MG30(satans amp haha) and I think it was only on 4 and when ever I tried setting it up the VU meter was flying past the red.
Has anyone else had problems with this?
Ive tried changing the settings,the I wondered if it was the bass I was using so I tried changing,didnt make much difference.
So any advice?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Are you turning up the input gain or the master volume?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Well I normally have the input gain on about 11 o clock and I seem to get a good level
But recently Ive not even been able to turn it past about 9 o clock without it peaking( when Im playing with the master set higher),at low volumes it seems to be fine
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Make sure if it's an active bass it's in the active input, and vice versa.
Whenever I put a passive bass into the active input this happens me.

There is never actually a clip in the signal though, which could be because I'm playing through a 300 watt.
Yep tried both inputs I normally play on the low input channel,both my basses are passive (squier vm jazz and peavey grind 5). Like I said its fine at low volumes but anything more it goes crazy
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Quote by Crazy Toad
Yep tried both inputs I normally play on the low input channel,both my basses are passive (squier vm jazz and peavey grind 5). Like I said its fine at low volumes but anything more it goes crazy

That's weird. Mine's always been fine. If you can try a couple of foreign (as in, not yours) through it and see if it's the same.