Here is the deal.. I started playing last year and i've been playing through a Roland Cube 60x (home practice) and my friend's Peavey 6505+.

I play Metalcore (not gay metalcore such as a7x, bmfv), Hardcore (i like 2 steps so what?) Deathcore & Progressive.

My guitar is a JS30kv with dimarzio pups and i'm probably using the amp with my Digitech RP500.

So i'm looking for a SS amp, new or used, that isn't modelling and it works with really high gain

EDIT: I forgot to post my budget.. 700$ TOP and i'm practicing and GIGGING with the amp..
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Aug 23, 2009,
first dude bullet and avenged arent really metalcore and bullet arent gay and whats your price range and is it home or gigging
If you can wait 'til November, Peavey is releasing a 6505+ combo for about $700.

Otherwise if you have to go SS, check the following:

1. Crate GT3500H Shockwave
2. Crate GX130c
3. Crate GT-65
4. Ampeg VH140c
5. Peavey XXL
6. Sunn Beta Lead
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 23, 2009,
Budget?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by sbinlb
if you can afford it a mesa boogie rectifier but thats a tube amp. used by august burns red

I know that..
I've seen ABR using a peavey 6500+ as well.. and my favorite band (for today) uses peavey 6505+ but im looking only for SS amps..
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I know that..
I've seen ABR using a peavey 6500+ as well.. and my favorite band (for today) uses peavey 6505+ but im looking only for SS amps..

Why are you looking for an SS amp. With you're budget there are decent tube amps that you can afford that will provide better tone for the genres mentioned than an SS amp will.

I second the 6505+ combo. Or, if you don't feel like waiting a couple months, you should pick up the 6505 1x12 combo for $600.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Why are you looking for an SS amp. With you're budget there are decent tube amps that you can afford that will provide better tone for the genres mentioned than an SS amp will.

I second the 6505+ combo. Or, if you don't feel like waiting a couple months, you should pick up the 6505 1x12 combo for $600.

I don't really have an answer to that =/ i guess im just used to SS amps. And I can't afford tube changes and stuff because my parents hate the genre i play lol =/
You need to try a high gain tube amp.
Look into a Randall RG50TC too.
Well why not modeling? A vetta would be the best choice imo next to a 5150 or 6505.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I don't really have an answer to that =/ i guess im just used to SS amps. And I can't afford tube changes and stuff because my parents hate the genre i play lol =/

To be honest, i agree you should get yourself this 6505+ combo, tube amps give such better tone than an SS amp ever will, and you wont even need to put your effects unit through it.
And tube changes are no problem, tubes last a lot longer than you might think so long as you look after them right, and they dont cost too much!
Randall V2
Randall T2
Ampeg VH140C
Peavey 6505+ 1x12(tube tho)
Lee Jackson Marshall amp (another tube)
IF you could find one...... H&K Warp series(tube)

and why are you using the MFX?
you could sell it to up your budget

and why no tube?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Randall V2
Randall T2
Ampeg VH140C
Peavey 6505+ 1x12(tube tho)
Lee Jackson Marshall amp (another tube)
IF you could find one...... H&K Warp series(tube)

and why are you using the MFX?
you could sell it to up your budget

and why no tube?

I use the MFX for recording mainly... and no tubes pretty much because i'm a tube n00b and i can't afford tube changes and stuff =/ and where i live there is no way i can get tubes so i would have to buy them internationally and that **** is expensive here

Quote by alternitivebass
Well why not modeling? A vetta would be the best choice imo next to a 5150 or 6505.

I already own a modelling amp..
you change tubes once a year (or maybe even 2 years)
and where do you live?
feel free to add me
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby

I already own a modelling amp..

people who already own one tube amp buy another. The vetta will probably be your best option if you insist on not going tube.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you change tubes once a year (or maybe even 2 years)
and where do you live?

I live in Panama bro =/ i can't afford the tube stuff because my parents don't support the genres i play..

so people what about ampeg VH140C?

Quote by alternitivebass
people who already own one tube amp buy another. The vetta will probably be your best option if you insist on not going tube.

I checked out the vetta but i can't find any clips of it (EQed to metal) the only similar thing i found was in the linfe 6 page and it sounded even more digital than my cube =/
Are some of you guys just stupid beyond repair? THE MAN SAID HE DOESN'T WANT A TUBE AMP SO STOP RECOMMENDING HIM TUBE AMPS!

I heard the Randall RG G3 series is good. Look into one of those amps.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I live in Panama bro =/ i can't afford the tube stuff because my parents don't support the genres i play..

so people what about ampeg VH140C?

the Ampeg has GOBS of gain and Jazz Chorus cleans.
there are other GREAT Modelling amps out there.

BTW if you are using your MFX with a modeling amp then it will sound like crap
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Ampeg has GOBS of gain and Jazz Chorus cleans.
there are other GREAT Modelling amps out there.

BTW if you are using your MFX with a modeling amp then it will sound like crap

thats one of the reasons i don't want another modelling amp.. even though i ONLY use my rp500 plugged direct to my pc.. (usb recording)

But well i think i don't care getting another modelling amp.. Suggest me some kickass modelling amps that don't sound as digital as my cube..

Don't care anymore if modelling or not anymore.. i just want a new better amp.. The thing with my cube is that: i completely get that metalcore tone but it sounds way too digital.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
thats one of the reasons i don't want another modelling amp.. even though i ONLY use my rp500 plugged direct to my pc.. (usb recording)

But well i think i don't care getting another modelling amp.. Suggest me some kickass modelling amps that don't sound as digital as my cube..

Don't care anymore if modelling or not.. i just want a new better amp.. The thing with me cube is that: i completely get that metalcore tone but it sounds way too digital.

Line 6 Vetta or HD147
feel free to add me
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I've never played those =/ the only clips i found of those sound just as digital as the amp i own..

you have to play it yourself to really hear it.

any poor clip WILL sound digital, even poor tube amp clips
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you have to play it yourself to really hear it.

any poor clip WILL sound digital, even poor tube amp clips

good joke

dude.. i live in the middle of nowhere so i'm pretty much screwed (i can't test it before buying)
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
good joke

dude.. i live in the middle of nowhere so i'm pretty much screwed (i can't test it before buying)

that.........sucks

go find more clipzorz
feel free to add me