Hey everyone, right now I have a Vader 4x12 cab and a B-52 AT-100 head and I'm not happy with my tone. I'm thinking about selling my entire rig and buying a smaller but higher quality combo amp. My rig cost me about $1,100 new and it's still in great condition so maybe I can get $800-900 for it to spend on my new combo. I play old school brutal death metal (in the style of Suffocation, Crytopsy, Cannibal Corpse, etc.) so I'm looking for a good high gain metal combo amp in my price range. Preferably new and a tube amp instead of solid state (unless you know of a really good solid state in that price range. Thanks everyone.
The Peavey 6505+/5150 combo
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
I would keep the cab, sell the head and buy a new head.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
I would keep the cab, sell the head and buy a new head.

+1 Vader cabs are nice! Look into a peavey 5150 head, or perhaps an ENGL Fireball.
WTLTL 2011
Also, look into an Ampeg VH140C.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
sell the head, keep the cab, vader cabs are amzing. since i dont know how much cash ud get without selling ur ab i cant help that much.
how abt a used 5150??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal