iv been playing guitar for around 10 months now, and iv noticed that when i play on esp i can play much quicker than when i play on my prs, are some guitars easier to play faster? just seemed a bit weird! cheers
coool cheers so its not me going crazy then! maybe its time for me to replace the prs with another esp! cheers
Quote by britishsligean
esp and ibanez have some of the fastest necks available

Wrong.
They have some of the thinnest necks avaliable.

Thin=/=fast
I can play faster on an Epiphone neck, as opposed to an Ibanez. On an Ibanez, my hand also gets fatigued much faster.
Hm...I play a Warlock that has a pretty smooth neck I can play fast on. For me, I guess it's easier to move on bare wood than necks that are painted over.
Quote by jamestheace
iv been playing guitar for around 10 months now, and iv noticed that when i play on esp i can play much quicker than when i play on my prs, are some guitars easier to play faster? just seemed a bit weird! cheers

FUUUUUUUUUU-
GEAR
PRS SE Torero (Drop B)
Schecter Devil (C# Standard)
Peavey Butcher (late 80s, 120 watt)
Traynor 4x12
Earthbound Audio Supercollider fuzz
H&K Warp Factor distortion
Quote by divortium
FUUUUUUUUUU-

i duno what all thats about? just been looking at the necks and the esp is thinner than the prs, and i have pretty small hands, so maybe thats why i am faster on that one
^He thinks since you've been playing 10 months, you have too good of guitars. Though I'm thinking the ESP isn't yours, and that the PRS is an SE. In other words, that guy was jealous of what you don't have. :/
Quote by divortium
FUUUUUUUUUU-

That was exactly what I thought.... PRS AND ESP WHEN YOUR PLAYING THEN MONTHS!!!!
MTFCKER
lol..ah right now i get ya! yeh they are both mine! gold esp ec 300 ats with p90 pickups, and a prs se custom. ever since iv started playing iv jsut never stopped really! bought a krank amp a month ago, and its astonishingly goood!
A Real PRS plays like a dream to me.

Anyway, no neck is faster then another, but some have a natural faster feel.

You can still overcome this though, cause Guthrie Govan for example played PRS guitars, and he is one of the fastest around based on the average of difficulty of licks, speed, and accuracy.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Not ESP and PRS, LTD or SE.

Or just giving an example.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
My Ibanez RG4EXFM1 is one of the fastest I've tried. It has a thin U shaped neck, Feels like a 7 string and the action is not too low but if it was high I think I'd still be able to play on it fine. Very good guitar in playability.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
A Real PRS plays like a dream to me.

Anyway, no neck is faster then another, but some have a natural faster feel.

You can still overcome this though, cause Guthrie Govan for example played PRS guitars, and he is one of the fastest around based on the average of difficulty of licks, speed, and accuracy.

There are videos out there of him doing his crazy shred thing on an ES-335

TS: There isn't really any such thing as a fast neck, it's all down to your technique and personal preferences but when people talk about a 'fast' neck they generally mean thin. I don't believe in it at all even if I am a raging Ibanez fanboy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.