Page 1 of 2
Wow, so my weekend has been full of excitement. On friday, I traded an Akai Headrush E2 and a 70's MXR Phase 90 for this bad boy: the Electro-Harmonix HOG.

This thing is seriously unbelievable. I've only just started messing around with it, and I've already gotten quasi-violin and cello tone, Hammond B3 organ (sooooo cool!), and old school pipe organ, complete with volume swells from the Expression pedal. It's also got Whammy-style octave jumps and pitch shifts, wah, envelope, and this really cool feature called freeze-gliss that holds the chord you play, and then when you switch to another chord it slowly slides into it. Very very cool, easily my favorite pedal ever.

I record two quick one-take demos of some quick sounds I found, I'll make more soon. You can hear them in my mp3 section.

Later on that same friday night, I met with a guy to trade an Epi Les Paul with faulty wiring for not one but TWO vintage amps! The first is a 70's Traynor Studio Mate YGM-4, a 25 watt tube combo with tremelo and reverb. It's got four 8" speakers, and sounds really nice. However, I may be selling it tomorrow or possibly trading it for a Sunn Beta Lead (!!!).

He also traded me this 80's Marshall Lead 12, which is actually way cool! It'll be my practice amp while I'm at school.

The next day, saturday, I received a package that contained this amazing piece of hardware:

The Mastery Bridge. This will eventually go on my Warmoth Jazzmaster, but for right now I'm going to put it on my black Jazzmaster.

Then, I drove to pick up my favorite gain pedal I've ever used, the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret!

I'll post clips of this guy eventually. But it sounds amazing, like a Marshall in a box just like everyone says!
But that’s not all!

A few hours later, I met up with this guy to pick up my new looper, since I traded my Akai. And it is quite the looper indeed!

It’s a Boomerang Phrase Sampler, an I’m still getting used to it, but I can easily say it kicks the Akai’s ass.

So, here’s a picture of my pedalboard in its current incarnation. Next week I’ll be ordering a DMB Lunar Echo analog delay and a new fuzz, most likely the Red Witch Fuzz God II or Dwarfcraft Shiva.

And here’s my buddies

Wow. Long post haha.
HNGD!

the Catalinbread looks nice
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Great additions man. HNSD!
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON

DO WANT HOG
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly

Love the MPP background... I need wallpaper like that!
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
I repeat myself when I feel jelous.
I repeat my...

The more I look at that Hog...
The more I like it.
I do think it is good!
The fact is...
No matter how closely I study it.
No matter how I take It appart.
No matter how I break it down.
It remains consistant

I WISH I WAS THERE TO PLAY IT!

I LIKE IT!

(Cookie for referance)
What an amazing weekend. Congrats.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
The HOG sounds beautiful. I'm interested in hearing a couple of tones from the DLS.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! I know it looks like I spent a lot, but I almost always get my gear in trades. Here's a breakdown:

*chugga chugga bree bree chugga chugga chugga*

And here's a breakdown of the cost:

Akai Headrush: Bought for $120
70's MXR Phase 90: Bought for $50
So essentially $170 for the HOG

Mastery Bridge I bought direct from the company so $160

Boomerang: $250 (sold two pedals to offset the cost)

Got both amps in a trade

Catalinbread bought for $130, sold an old Boss pedal to pay for that

So, definitely not as expensive and costly as it may seem
Jesus, your life contains approximately 56x more win than mine does.

Seriously though, HNP&AD! You got a ton of good stuff there man.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
words cannot fathom how jealous i am.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
That's great dude!

Sad to see the Billy Mays picture though. I was a huge fan of the dubs made with his infomercials...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
This is such an awesome NGD at such a late time at night I can't quite comprehend how awesome it is
Love the tiny Marshall and the dirty little secret, very cool stuff
The hog is also very awesome but I'm less jealous 'cos I wouldn't really use it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Nice. The guys over on TGP nut over the DLS all the time. Is it really as good as I've heard?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Very nice, my friend. How is the PS-2 working out for you? Get a chance to mess around with it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Sick NGD, Adam. I will hate you forever if you trade the Traynor away, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Bringing it to a guy tomorrow to check out so he can possibly buy

Haven't heard back from the Sunn guy. Doubt it will happen.

In other news, just emailed a guy who's selling a vintage Echoplex for $175 (!!!)
I'm not too fond of Sunn Beta Leads TBH. I've used the Beta Lead Bass and it sounded pretty lame TBH (they are almost the same circuit-wise except for the reverb).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
That board is far too big for my taste

I love those DLS's, and the Traynor is great.

My only complaint with my Lead 12 is how shallow and thin it sounds.
Looks like you had a good day!

I do want your Jazzmaster......

HNGD!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Way to feed my GAS for a HOG. I got the money, I just need to suck it up and buy one. if only they weren't so damn expensive. for the price of one pedal I could get 3 or 4.
Sig What?
Page 1 of 2