Hey guys!

Alright so this past week I went to the Jersey Shore, and my Grandpa and I started working on my Tele build.

Main parts:

Guitar Fetish Body
Stew-Mac Neck
Seymour Duncan P-90 (Bridge)
Guitar Fetish Mini Humbucker (Neck)
ACME Electronics
Guitar Fetish Bridge

I can go into detail for specific parts if anyone is wondering!

We then taped up the body and marked where we have to drill holes/do any routing.

We routed out the cavities for the pickups, and drilled some holes. We also set the neck in place to get a feel for what it's going to feel like.

We screwed the bridge in place...

Set the Mini Humbucker in place...

And now skipping a bunch of things I didn't take pictures of...we move on to the electronics!

We get everything in place, and do the one string test!

All is successful, so I string it up and start to play. It sounds (and looks) absolutely amazing!

I also found a decal, and put it on the headstock. It's now "authentic."

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask!
Sweet build. How much did it set you back altogether?
Quote by fearofthemark
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

We are the dynamite!!

My Gear:

Hamer XT Series (SATF)
Jackson JS30 Dinky
Vintage V100 Les Paul (w/ Seymour Dunc JB in Bridge pos.)

Korg ToneWorks AX1500G
Marshall MG100HDFX
That's one hell of a guitar man. I'd def buy it! It looks gorgeous!
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Aug 23, 2009,
I really like that guitar. If it was mine, I would have put the P90 in the neck position and the humbucker in the bridge. It's just a personal preference though. It is super sexy.

You've pretty muched covered everything but the tuners. So, what tuners do you have on there?
Wow, that guitar looks awesome!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Thanks guys!

It was about $500 all together. The tuners are Gotoh, they work really well.

Again, thanks for all the compliments!
Quote by Baby Joel
I'm liking everything except the painted neck pocket.

How much did it cost in total?

About $500.
Very nice, though I'm not wild about the angled P90. How wide is the nut, it looks like a neck for someone like myself with flesh-shovels.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Awsome build, never seen a tele with a P90 in the bridge, good idea, pretty unique .

Looks exactly like my tele but with different pickups and inlays.

I plan to put a P90 in the next guitar i do.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Baconfish
Very nice, though I'm not wild about the angled P90. How wide is the nut, it looks like a neck for someone like myself with flesh-shovels.

Thanks...haha I like angled pickups! The nut is alright. I need to make the high E spot a little bit wider, the string sometimes comes out on bends. Other than that, it's very nice!

Quote by chip46
How do you like that GFS body?

The GFS body is great for the price! Very, very light wood. This guitar weighs nothing compared to my Strat or Les Paul.

Quote by BassForGrace
where did you get the decal?

I'll PM it to you.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Aug 24, 2009,
clips now!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Very sexy build. I'm just curious as to how it sustains on account of having the painted neck pocket?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Very sexy build. I'm just curious as to how it sustains on account of having the painted neck pocket?

It's actually got a lot more sustain than I thought it would have, it sustains really well.
Most original build I've seen in a while. Don't think I've seen a mini bucker and P-90 combo in a telecaster yet.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Love it! Not a fan of teles but that one looks sweet. Although I hate to be a party pooper but isn't putting a fender decal on it technically making a counterfeit guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by V.U.K
Most original build I've seen in a while. Don't think I've seen a mini bucker and P-90 combo in a telecaster yet.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the compliments...I wanted to do a Tele a bit differently and more geared for pop rock/hard rock- Green Day, Foo Fighters, etc.

Quote by random_B-RAD
Love it! Not a fan of teles but that one looks sweet. Although I hate to be a party pooper but isn't putting a fender decal on it technically making a counterfeit guitar.

Thanks!

It's not counterfeit unless I try to sell it as a Fender I believe, but I won't be selling it at all so I don't think it matters much!