I have created multiple threads about the guitar I want, the Ibanez RG350EX. THen someone mentioned getting a Cort. I looked in to them and decided on the Cort X-6. They pretty much have the same features (locking trem, 24 frets, 3 pickups, 1 being a hum). The Ibanez was $400 and the Cort is $370. I looked on other sites and founded it on http://www.beyondeleven.com/Cort-X-6-X-Series-X6-Electric-Guitar-p/cort-x-series-x-6.htm for $250. I'm pretty much sold. My final question is...

Do any UGers own, have played, or like the Corts.

P.S. I'm 13 so dont recommend some thousand dollar guitar.
Cort makes decent guitars. For a 13 who's learning it will do the job.

I assume you play metal.

I don't know that much about necks, but this one has jumbo frets. Might be a bit to big for you, if you have small hands. (Since you are 13, probably yes).

Feel free to correct me on this.
Last edited by XJMLX at Aug 23, 2009,
Love 'em. The finish, setup and attention to detail make them feel like a guitar worth twice the price. I understand that the factory setups are pretty good though mine was setup by the shop I ordered it through. Like any instrument, expect to do a small tweak to get it to your preference.
My K6 comfortably manages a 0.7mm action at the 12th fret e string. Clear as a bell.

Just to correct you, the pickup arrangement is H-S-H with Bluesbuckers fitted and both humbuckers coil tapped, so it has a massive range of sounds. And the Licensed Floyd Rose
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by XJMLX
Cort makes decent guitars. For a 13 who's learning it will do the job.

I assume you play metal.

I don't know that much about necks, but this one has jumbo frets. Might be a bit to big for you, if you have small hands. (Since you are 13, probably yes).

Feel free to correct me on this.

I do play metal. And all the guitars i mite possibly want have jumbo frets
Quote by Lurcher
Love 'em. The finish, setup and attention to detail make them feel like a guitar worth twice the price. I understand that the factory setups are pretty good though mine was setup by the shop I ordered it through. Like any instrument, expect to do a small tweak to get it to your preference.
My K6 comfortably manages a 0.7mm action at the 12th fret e string. Clear as a bell.

Will guitar center set them up for a fee or even free? Even if i dont buy it through them?