Hi, I've recently bought a used Peavey Classic 50, the cleans and overdrives sound fantastic, but I've been having some problems when using it with my ProCo Rat. Whenever I have the distortion past halfway the buzzing noise is too much too bear, and I lose all clarity on the higher notes. They sound almost digital? Also, with the lead channel, when I turn up the pre and post gain it starts buzzing like crazy. So, whats going on, and is there anything I can do to sort it out?

Thanks.
battery in Rat?

cable issue?

seperate pedal from amp power outlet wise

what guitar, amp and pick ups do you have?

what volume and settings on the guitar, amp and pedal are you using?

bad or scratchy insert jack or pedal pots?
I use a MIM tele with the stock pups, the battery in the rat's fine, I tried it with another one. I have both the tone and volume rolled up on the guitar, on the lead channel my settings are;
Pre-12, Post-4, Bass-3, Mid-3, Treble-5, Volume-2, Presence-10.

On the normal channel its;
Normal 3, Bass-6 Mid-8, Treble-8, Volume-3, Presence-8.

On the Rat I have the filter rolled down, volume on a 1/4, and I can't put the distortion any further than halfway. The input jacks on the rat should be fine, it doesn't cause me problems with any other amp, however the input jacks on the amp might not be perfect.

Thanks for the reply.
Hmm.. I've never had such a problem.
Shouldn't be much noise when you turn up the pre and post-gain..

D:

I usually pump it up with a TS-808 and get some noise but nowhere near to be really annoying.. the playing is always much louder..

But that's an entirely different pedal..

so hmm...
Quote by TechnicolorType
Hmm.. I've never had such a problem.
Shouldn't be much noise when you turn up the pre and post-gain..

D:

I usually pump it up with a TS-808 and get some noise but nowhere near to be really annoying.. the playing is always much louder..

But that's an entirely different pedal..

so hmm...

Hmm, do you get much noise with the lead channel with any pedal either? What guitar are you using?

Thanks