Hi I have a question.
What amp would you buy?
Engl Screamer or Marshall TSL601 and why?
Screamer because I prefer the tone to the TSL. If you're looking for a new amp, we need your style, budget, gigging situation and if you're willing to go used for a decent recommendation.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I used to have a Screamer.
I didn't test it nearly enough.
I wish I'd never bothered.

But in saying that, I've never used a TSL.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
never tried a screamer I liked the DSL though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
never tried a screamer I liked the DSL though

I prefer the DSL to both but he asked about the TSL. The ENGL really just beats the TSL narrowly though, I just prefer it. We need genres at the very least if you want valid help TS.

EDIT:

I didn't see your last post TS. What kind of metal specifically? Unless you're playing classic metal or 80s Metallica, I'd suggest a used Single or Dual Rec and a good 2X12. If you're playing classic metal, I'd go with an old JCM800 2203 or 2204 and 2X12 if you don't need cleans. If you want an 80s Metallica type tone, look for an old Mark III and 2X12 cab.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 23, 2009,
Neither.

DSL 50 and a cab. The TSL isn't as good as the DSL anyways and the combos are worse than the heads.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ I updated my last post. I'd probably go with a Single or Dual Rec with 2X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

My advice is to avoid the Marshall JCM2000 series entirely. They sound way too fizzy to me. I've tried the TSL 601 combo, along with the DSL 401 and DSL 50 head. All of them I found to sound this way and it really bugs me. If the circuit board in the TSL 601 is anything like that of the DSL 401, I would stay away from it. Tubes plugged straight into a PCB board where cold soldered joints can occur. It's a really bad design.

I can't comment on the ENGL as I've never tried any of them. Just try the different amps and decide which sounds better to your ears.
From what I've heard of the Screamer, it really can't do metal on it's own (haven't tried the DSL/TSL, though). I would look into a Mesa Rect-o-verb. Those things are sweet.