I like to do home recordings and i have addictive drums that i use for my drum tracks but i do not have a bass guitar. I was wondering if there are any programs that you can use like addictive drums that are bass tracks instead?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
i can see you already have a bass. are you having problems playing the lines or just not happy with the tone?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i suppose i should change my sig i don't have it anymore
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
i suppose i should change my sig i don't have it anymore

well you have a few options. some take the RSE bass from guitar pro (i dont know if you have it but its a good software to have) you could use the bass effx in something like fl studio. you could also use a synth type bass (this could be a kind of cool effect) you could play guitar and lower it an octave. and last you could get a REALLY cheap bass and just play that di'ed in. i once saw a 60-70$ set of basses at samash (albiet their prob the biggest pieces of crap, but they will give better results than anything ive said) even if you have very little experine with bass just play it with a pick and you should get pretty decent results.
Just go to a pawn shop or craigs list and get an inexpensive bass. If you play guitar already then its not going to be that difficult, it'll strengthen your fingers and it'll sound much better than any midi.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
1. Check UG profiles if they are bassists
2. PM a tab
3. ...
4. Bass track for you.
I always record a clean guitar track, then use a plugin called pitch shift and pitch it down an octave. works well.
Quote by tomsy49
I like to do home recordings and i have addictive drums that i use for my drum tracks but i do not have a bass guitar. I was wondering if there are any programs that you can use like addictive drums that are bass tracks instead?

Are the bass lines you have in mind hard or easy to play? If they are easy I could see if I could play and record them for you dude.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Those are all the things I suggested.

no need to get angry bro, i was just going into more detail and reinforcing what you said.
Send me a PM or something bro. I'd be more than happy to record for you. Just send me some tabs and the guitar lines for the song and I can work with it from there. I'm doing a solo project too, and have been borrowing guitars from friends, so maybe we can do some business, haha.
you could just use prerecorded bvass loops, that's what most people do, since it's pretty hard to make synth bass zsound like the real deal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm