Finally finished after a hiccup with the wiring (turned out to be the earth pin on the volume pot).

Started out as a cheapy £65 strat with a solid basewood body. I've added a quality 22 fret maple neck with the correct 6105 frets, staggered wilkinson locking tuners, a bone nut and a set of lace hot gold lace sensors with tone pots wired to neck and bridge with no load to the mid pickup.

Fully setup to Fender low action specs and bridge set up floating and adjusted to keep tune even with Floyd Rose style dives.

Overall I'm impressed for under £250 bearing in mind that all parts were new.
Attachments:
Relic2.jpg
how's it sound?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Looks sweet man, In a music store near me, (which sold Rory Gallagher his first guitar)
A Gallagher strat like that costs like €2000
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

that's fcking awesome!
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
I deliberately stayed clear of the rosewood neck to avoid the Gallagher Strat thing.

It sounds great through my Ceritone Expression Amp and cleans up lovely too but my only recording setup is now a Line6 Guitar Port.

The guitar needs a sandpaper shim adding to the neck pocket and then setting up again but I'll hopefully pop an .MP3 clip up after that.
sweetness. i usually think relic jobs are pretty pointless, but the way that you've upgrading and customized everything else makes the relic job freaking sweet.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I agree with everybody else I like itThe only thing that I don't like is that you only have one picture of it
Quote by YouWantToKillME
I agree with everybody else I like itThe only thing that I don't like is that you only have one picture of it

Hey it was late !! But here's a couple more though the light is bad here at the mo due to crappy weather.
Attachments:
Relic Body.jpg
When you said "staggered wilkinson locking tuners," were you talking about the EZ-Lok ones from GFS? What do you think of them?
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by solomon684
When you said "staggered wilkinson locking tuners," were you talking about the EZ-Lok ones from GFS? What do you think of them?

http://www.axesrus.com/axemachine.htm#6inline

'bout half way down the page the £17.50 EZ Locking ones

I've used GFS for pickup's before but I'm based in the UK and the link above are only 8 miles away and so my gear always arrives next day!

As for the tuners they're ok and better than what was on the original neck although to be honest if you set the guitar up right any will keep perfect tune. They're not a patch on proper locking tuners such as the schallers though although there about a quarter of the price and I guess they do the job adequately.

Oh and being staggered you can get away without needing string trees / retainers too.

Dave
That's a pretty sick looking relic, great job.

A couple comments/questions:
-If I were you i'd age/scuff up the hardware a little bit, it just looks too nice and shiny at the moment IMO
-I'd also make the neck look a little more worn, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that on a brand new quality neck
-Is only the paint chipped off or did you also put nicks and dents into the wood that you can't see in the pics?
-How did you get the bare wood to look so weathered and authentic?

Overall, very impressive, this thread makes me want to do a bit more work on my own relic-caster