I just have purchased a set of EMG 81's amd EMG 60's to go in my Schecter Omen, and i am about to have them put in... i know that people usually will put the 60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge, but not always... so i was wondering if anyone could describe the difference between the tone and sound of each placement.. also i know James Hetfield uses and 81 and 60, just out of curiousity does anyone know what combo placement he uses? thanks
Hetfield has 81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck, to be honest i cant think of anyone who has them the other way round.

And seeing as i havnt heard them the other way round, i couldnt really say what the tone is like, but im preety sure people have them the way they are for a reason......
ive heard of a couple doing it both ways but your probably right... and i know i LOVE hetfields tone.. thanks that helped
^soldering isnt always a walk in the park. it makes much more sense to have 81 in the bridge. what rig are you running? if you're just using a crappy practice amp, then the money of the pickups would be much better spent on saving up for a new amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^soldering isnt always a walk in the park. it makes much more sense to have 81 in the bridge. what rig are you running? if you're just using a crappy practice amp, then the money of the pickups would be much better spent on saving up for a new amp

thought emg had quick release things???
facebook.com/crazymentalchris
youtube.com/chrisprsguitars

come say Hi!
Quote by ChrisRuffell
thought emg had quick release things???

Or even temporarily wiring them to test how they sound.
emgs are easy to swap with other emgs. they have "quik connectors" that require no soldering when swapping each other.

so go try it out.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I had 81/60 on my LP copy. I switched them on a string change to see how'd they sound. They sounded different but didn't work very well. I switched 'em back.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+