I dont have enough money for a head and a cab right now, so im going to purchase a head first probably a Double Rec, or a Bugera head. So i was wondering if i can run a head through my behringer 50 watt amp?
R.I.P foREVer
I don't think the speaker would handle all the wattage of the head but I don't know..
theoretically you should be able to plug the head to the behringer amp via the cd in (mic, aux, whatever...) input
NO. The head needs a specific resistance for it's output. You're prolly gonna fry your head by doing that.
You would have to connect it to the speaker in the amp, and then if the wattage of the speaker is greater then 100watts and is rated at the same ohm as the amp, then you will be fine.
put a cable from the fx loop out on the head to the input on the combo
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Depending on the house sound, you may be able to run the head straight into the PA, and use the monitors for your ears. I dont know if this has been done, but I imagine it can, depending on Ohms and watts ratings. Check with a sound dude.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Cahir
theoretically you should be able to plug the head to the behringer amp via the cd in (mic, aux, whatever...) input
please stop giving advice that will cause one to destroy their head.
Not unless the combo has some kind of dedicated "speaker in" input, which I personally haven't seen on any combo so far. Don't try any other input.
Quote by Killswitch94
I dont have enough money for a head and a cab right now, so im going to purchase a head first probably a Double Rec, or a Bugera head. So i was wondering if i can run a head through my behringer 50 watt amp?

no.

you would need more watts and to only use the speaker in that combo.

like that. but even if you matched the ohms. no way the new head you seem to be looking at,
wouldnt blow the 50watt speaker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Mad Marius
Not unless the combo has some kind of dedicated "speaker in" input, which I personally haven't seen on any combo so far. Don't try any other input.

it does have a speaker in input
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
it does have a speaker in input

Really? Are you sure it's a speaker "in" and not "out"? What model is it anyway, I'm curious?
Dont do it man, just get you a cheap 2X12. Ive seen cabs on ebay as low as 100 bucks, 4X12's for that matter. Do a Car Wash fundrasier and get a cab before you ruin a perfectly good head.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Dont do it man, just get you a cheap 2X12. Ive seen cabs on ebay as low as 100 bucks, 4X12's for that matter. Do a Car Wash and get a cab before you ruin a perfectly good head.

ok, thanks man
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
its a behringer v-tone gm110. i dont know if they make them anymore.

Oh, those. I don't think you can use them like that. Make an additional effort and get a proper cab.
Why don't you just sell the Behringer and get a cheap cab to hold you over?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs