What British-voiced amp should I buy for blues and cleans?

No combos.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Ghold125
Budget?

C'mon, you guys should know me better than that by now.

There isn't one.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
C'mon, you guys should know me better than that by now.

There isn't one.

TRAINWRECK, lol, wait that's US voiced

HiWatt
Bassman 59'
Orange something
Selmer (Like i said befor, these are pretty cheep and good, though they are hard to find)
Maybe a TW clone with KT77's or EL34 tubes?
Budda Superdrive 18 or 30. Maybe check out some Matamps?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I want the Silvertone.
<.<
>.>

Anyway, I'd reccomend a Hiwatt, I've always loved those. And they coincidentally have pretty nice cleans
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Aug 23, 2009,
Coincidentally I'm looking at getting a blackface Bassman, though I would have assumed that to be an American voicing since it didn't really become a British sound until Jim ripped it off.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Coincidentally I'm looking at getting a blackface Bassman, though I would have assumed that to be an American voicing since it didn't really become a British sound until Jim ripped it off.

Then why not try a JTM45, they are like the greatest Marshall amps for cleans/blues.
I'm sure Al would give you more information about these then anyone else could so you'd best take his advice over mine
Quote by stykerwolf

I'm sure Al would give you more information about these then anyone else could so you'd best take his advice over mine

Or he could ask Gabe, considering he started the Gabe Marshall thread
I suggested Al because he keeps talking about the JTM45 and well he built a clone of it.

Though it would be like the titanic and the iceberg if them two got into a rumble really, both are pretty good at what they know.

The JTM45 has tube rectification by the way; 1 GZ34, 3 ECC83 and 2 5881 producing 30 watts of power, has no FX loop though

Quote by Mitchell?
Metro JTM45 - $1,350 w/ stock options.

I heard Al said that it cost 900, and he spent around 200 experimenting with tubes and such.
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 23, 2009,
I don't need, or want, an FX loop, so that works out just fine. I'll shoot Al and Gabe PMs later if they don't get in here at some point.

Quote by stykerwolf
I suggested Al because he keeps talking about the JTM45 and well he built a clone of it.

Oh, well... Good point lol.

It's still a great amp, no matter who you ask.
Quote by stykerwolf
I heard Al said that it cost 900, and he spent around 200 experimenting with tubes and such.

That's 'cause he assembled it. It's $400 to have Metro build it.
Reeves Custom 30 or Custom 50. Or 65 Amps Royal Albert.

Also: How much for the silvertone?
Quote by imgooley
Reeves Custom 30 or Custom 50. Or 65 Amps Royal Albert.

Also: How much for the silvertone?

I'll probably start at around the 450-500 range. Haven't really decided on pricing yet.

It needs a cap change and a scratchy pot fixed before I put it on the market - I can't stand it when I go to test drive amps and the idiot hasn't taken care of them properly.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Get a 18 watt TMB from somewhere.

There's no way that'll go over my drummer. I need at least 30-50W to avoid overdriving the cleans.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 23, 2009,
Get an AC30, you may have to mic it depending on how loud you need to be, but hey, what's wrong with that?
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by stykerwolf
That's like a rip off
Though it's pretty fun to build stuff really, but that's my slice of cake...

That's probably less than what a local tech would charge you to build it. That's extremely reasonably priced for what you get.

And to whoever said a Trainwreck is American voiced, no none of the most common three are. The Express has a very British sounding distortion (I know, I've played a real one) and the Liverpool and Rocket are based off of an AC30.

As far as my suggestion, I'd go try out the new Boogie Electra Dyne and see if someone on Amp Garage to build you a Liverpool or Rocket clone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Marshall Superbass!!!
EDIT: Orange AD140 too!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Actually, if you want to spend a **** load, Marshall Major=win.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by bubb_tubbs
I'll probably start at around the 450-500 range. Haven't really decided on pricing yet.

It needs a cap change and a scratchy pot fixed before I put it on the market - I can't stand it when I go to test drive amps and the idiot hasn't taken care of them properly.

Let me know when you put it up. I might be interested, if I have dough at that point in time.
The guy already has a Marshall, i think he wants better cleans so he can AB them, amidoinitright?

I totally forgot about the Vox, they have AC30cc Heads really, and if you need more headroom you could always do a bias at the back of the head (theres a thing in that allows you to bias 82 warm or 50 hot)
Quote by stykerwolf
The guy already has a Marshall, i think he wants better cleans so he can AB them, amidoinitright?

That's why people recommended him other Marshalls which have nice cleans like Plexis, etc...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
That's why people recommended him other Marshalls which have nice cleans like Plexis, etc...

Then again, like i suggested, JTM-45 or a Major if you can find one.

Though a SLP original has amasing cleans and duh it's world famous drive, seriously you can't get a better drive then the SLP ımo.
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
Then again, like i suggested, JTM-45 or a Major if you can find one.

Though a SLP original has amasing cleans and duh it's world famous drive, seriously you can't get a better drive then the SLP ımo.

Agreed. That's my dream amp - the JCM will have to do until I get the parts to build one.

bubb-
check out the various clips on the Mojave Amp Works site if you get a chance. The dynamic response on those amps is among the very best I've ever experienced. I'm sure you'll find something amazing there. Here's the link:

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/

Have fun shopping!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
^ You bastard - you've got me on that damn Peacemaker fix again. Just when I thought I'd kicked it...

Quote by riffhog
bubb-
check out the various clips on the Mojave Amp Works site if you get a chance. The dynamic response on those amps is among the very best I've ever experienced. I'm sure you'll find something amazing there. Here's the link:

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/

Have fun shopping!!

Seconded. My guitar teacher has a Coyote and it's ****ing incredible. Even Eric Johnson agreed when he played it and proceeded to order one for himself.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by bubb_tubbs

the BF bassman is pretty different than the bassman that jim marshall copied.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by kyle62
Budda Superdrive

Once again, +1.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??