Well, today I diagnosed my Liscensed Floyd Rose on my Ibanez MK-2 to be completely beyond salvage. If I press down on the bar and let it return to normal, I am in half step down tuning. If I crank the bar up and let it return to rest, I am about 40 cents sharp. Beyond that, some asshole who "repaired" my guitar when I sent it in for a setup stripped some screws... either way, it's time for it to go.

I just don't know where to start. I want to buy a new Floyd (unless a Kahler is THAT much better) and upgrade the block so my sustain lasts for more than 10 seconds...

What would be the best way about going and picking up a new bridge? I assume it's not a "one size fits all" deal
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Actually, almost all OFRs are drop-in replacements for a LFR. Schaller's OFRs are said to be the best. In some cases a Kahler may be considered worse than a Floyd (poor flutter is one example that sticks out in my mind)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Actually, almost all OFRs are drop-in replacements for a LFR. Schaller's OFRs are said to be the best. In some cases a Kahler may be considered worse than a Floyd (poor flutter is one example that sticks out in my mind)

There's only one OFR. What bridge is currently in your Ibanez? I believe the OFR is a direct replacement for the lower end Ibanez LFR. The Gotoh version is a bit warmer but may require routing. If you want lots of sustain, get an OFR and go to floydupgrades.com and buy the biggest block you can afford.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
There's only one OFR. What bridge is currently in your Ibanez? I believe the OFR is a direct replacement for the lower end Ibanez LFR. The Gotoh version is a bit warmer but may require routing. If you want lots of sustain, get an OFR and go to floydupgrades.com and buy the biggest block you can afford.

I'm not sure what bridge is in it now. I know it's liscensed, but I can barely find a spec sheet that will tell me about my guitar.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy