Try before you buy. Tweakers amp. lots of useful features. 85 watts mode. all the way down to 30/18 watt mode.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I had one for a while...

Clean channel - Cleans are good, but not to my liking, lack too much character and are too warm and dull for my liking.

R2 - Worthless channel, no balls to the gain at all, not even really worthwhile as a dirty blues with the gain rolled down a bit.

Lead - Awesome sound. This is why you buy the amp. High gain is smoking on this channel and the GEQ makes it even better. Tight, defined, aggressive.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i sure havent, but i've heard the most amazing tones come out of one. the closest thing i've tried was a dual caliber .5 or something like that, and it had a great tone
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I had one for a while...

Clean channel - Cleans are good, but not to my liking, lack too much character and are too warm and dull for my liking.

R2 - Worthless channel, no balls to the gain at all, not even really worthwhile as a dirty blues with the gain rolled down a bit.

Lead - Awesome sound. This is why you buy the amp. High gain is smoking on this channel and the GEQ makes it even better. Tight, defined, aggressive.

Cause yours didnt have reverb

Im not a fan of the Lead channel unless its with the GEQ for something a little heavy like Human Abstract or killswitch. I like the Rh1 and Rh2 much better. Rh2 with the GEQ and an OCD gets a very 80's metal tone. and rh1 warmness and slight dirtyness was a nice change to my other amp's clean. I dont play with that much gain in the first place though.

edit:TS: since its a tweaking amp you can get a whole variety of sounds.because of that you can get some great tones but also some not so good ones. The GEQ, versatility and ability to use different tube types for the outside tubes is what makes it shine
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by mexican_shred
Cause yours didnt have reverb

I have external reverb pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com