Page 1 of 3
Inspired by the "Bands that all members kick ass at their instrument" thread, what are some bands that all or most of the members suck individually but are amazing together?

I'm gonna go with Linkin Park.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
So you must have meant bands whose members all suck and suck even more as a group?
Huh?

So...they all suck so bad that they even each other out and therefore make decent music?

...Is...is that possible?
if they are professional artists, they are probably quite good at playing their instruments
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Bah. Chester is way better outside Linkin Park and Mr. Hahn == awesome.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The bands I listen to all have awesome members.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by vartanspartan
Inspired by the "Bands that all members kick ass at their instrument" thread, what are some bands that all or most of the members suck individually but are amazing together?

I'm gonna go with Linkin Park.

I dunno, the Sex Pistols? Not in terms of musicianship, obviously.
Wait wait wait, Queen. I hear Freddie Mercury was quite prolific at sucking.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Led Zeppelin.

(this is sarcasm)
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by SteveHouse
Wait wait wait, Queen. I hear Freddie Mercury was quite prolific at sucking.

Quote by sketchy z
if they are professional artists, they are probably quite good at playing their instruments

The Jonas Brothers
Elvis
Ringo Starr
Lil' Wayne
Nirvana
Fall Out Boy
Many punk bands (3 chords ftw)

I could go on...
DarkSucker, you read my mind! You are

Look at my sig and you will see why
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Shit + shit = more shit.

Period.

Also... LP good...? I'd post the pear if it wasn't banable.
That suck individually and do well together.. that's hard since we're always hearing them together for the most part. Also, Linkin Park isn't the most technically advanced band but in Minutes the Midnight the guitarist showed some technical ability w/ some solos, which was a surprise.

Idk to be honest, Bullet for my Valentine isn't the most technically advanced band ever but they sound alright.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Darksucker
The Jonas Brothers
Elvis
Ringo Starr
Lil' Wayne
Nirvana
Fall Out Boy

I could go on...

lol okay man
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by sketchy z

dude, thats not true into todays society, so your saying iley cyrus, beyonce, and the of course the epic jonas brothers all are good at their instruments and make good music. check your facts bro. maybe if it wa sback in the 60's... but tis not.
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Nirvana is a perfect example of this

also psycroptic. their drummer sucks
Tom Morello -
Every day on the street I have people coming up me and going, “Dude, I kicked your ass at Guitar Hero!” I’m like, “Yes, it’s a video game. You should get out more.”

Quote by Darksucker
The Jonas Brothers
Elvis
Ringo Starr
Lil' Wayne
Nirvana
Fall Out Boy

I could go on...

Dave Grohl and Fallout Boys drummer and singer do not suck, not even close.
Also, I hate musical elitists, they annoy me w/ their stubborness, immaturity and overall bull****.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Darksucker
Elvis

Whilst I'll give you that he wasn't really a guitar player, you still think that as a singer (which in my mind counts as an instrument) he was awful?

T
Quote by ripdime04
dude, thats not true into todays society, so your saying iley cyrus, beyonce, and the of course the epic jonas brothers all are good at their instruments and make good music. check your facts bro. maybe if it wa sback in the 60's... but tis not.

whats the deffinition of "good" anyways????

i would say how well liked you are is how "good" you are. although i hate all those, there extremely well liked therefore good, especially in todays terms.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by Misticalz
That suck individually and do well together.. that's hard since we're always hearing them together for the most part. Also, Linkin Park isn't the most technically advanced band but in Minutes the Midnight the guitarist showed some technical ability w/ some solos, which was a surprise.

*snorts*
Liking them is one thing, but suggesting that they are in any way technical even in their high points is ludicrous. I'm not gonna go all lrn2SpawnofPossession here, but even if what they do were really good (which it's not), doesn't mean that when the guitarist remembers that there is a high e they suddenly start showing "maturity" or "musicianship" or "technical skill."
System of a Down anyone?

All there side projects (apart from Shavo's musical promotion thing) havn't touched anywhere near the bands early work in my opinion anyway...
How could anyone say the Beatles? Have you not heard George Harrison's solo work? The Beatles are incredible song writers individually
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Quote by fireoptic
How could anyone say the Beatles? Have you not heard George Harrison's solo work? The Beatles are incredible song writers individually

I recant my statement. I misinterpreted the thread.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
^^^ win.
Quote by TommyRack
Whilst I'll give you that he wasn't really a guitar player, you still think that as a singer (which in my mind counts as an instrument) he was awful?

T

Of course not. But he carted around a guitar on stage, knew only three or four chords, generally sucked at it, and was a professional musician. Therefore, professional musician does not equal good at intrument.

*I understand that guitar was a very minor part of Elvis' musical career, but the point stands*
Chris Cornell sucks by himself but there were a few select songs off of Scream I particularly liked
I think I may agree with TS here about Linkin Park.

Whilst I wouldn't say they 'suck' at playing their instruments, because it's impossible to have objectively 'bad' music. But I see where TS is coming from, they're not particularly technically skilled, or creative forces of their own, but together they create good, catchy rock songs with decent melodies.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh

Whilst I wouldn't say they 'suck' at playing their instruments, because it's impossible to have objectively 'bad' music. But I see where TS is coming from, they're not particularly technically skilled, or creative forces of their own, but together they create good, catchy rock songs with decent melodies.

By which you mean one or two of them come up with a hit and tell the rest what to play. I'm not dissing good songwriting in the absence of virtuosity, but I really don't think Linkin Park's drummer has that much pull in the creative process.
Quote by freddaahh

I would like to throw in my two cents and say that "New Divide" and "What I've Done" have EXACTLY the same melody and riff usage.
well, they are the my favorite band ever, but i must say that "guns n roses" members suck outside of the band.
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by Darksucker
The Jonas Brothers
Elvis
Ringo Starr
Lil' Wayne
Nirvana
Fall Out Boy

I could go on...

Krist of Nirvana was a pretty good bassist, and the Fall Out Boy drummer isn't too shabby to be fair.

Quote by ripdime04

If you take the ABBA point of view and see the voice as an instrument, Beyonce is damn good with hers. Check your facts- you not liking something does not make them talentless.
Quote by ripdime04

Are you nuts? If Miley Cyrus didn't write good songs (she does write her own, and so do the Jonas Brothers), how did she make so much money? Plus Beyoncé is an amazing singer as it is, have you heard Listen by her?

Stop being so 'all musics crap apart from rock'.

Anyways, that over, I'll say Nazareth. And Oasis. Oasis are probably the best songwriters of the 90s.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 23, 2009,
just because a musician doesn't play technically advanced parts doesn't mean they suck. i hate when people think that lol. would you really want greenday to go into a shred solo in the middle of one of their songs? i think not
Quote by skittle_eater
just because a musician doesn't play technically advanced parts doesn't mean they suck. i hate when people think that lol. would you really want greenday to go into a shred solo in the middle of one of their songs? i think not

Agreed. I love me some technical stuff, but sometimes I want to chill out and just listen to something poppy and simple.
Page 1 of 3