So can anyone tell me the differences between the peavey wolfgang and the EVH wolfgang? Besides the fact that the EVH is made of EVH brand parts and the peavey is made of peavey parts. But is there really much difference in the overall product?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I've never played an EVH Wolfgang, but I own a Peavey Wolfgang (EVH Special) and I can tell you that it's a solid friggin' product. Eddie's kinda off his rocker - yes, his new Wolfgang looks really nice and all, but you're paying twice the cash that you would for a Peavey Wolfgang.

Anyway, I believe he's using all EVH brand stuff on the new Wolfgang, but I don't think there's any difference in the overall product gauging by how well the original was designed.
EVH uses alder while Peavey uses Basswood. Also, Eddie tweaked every aspect of the Peavey to make the EVH model, and everything is different in some way. Some (pickups) more than others (body shape, headstock)
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
EVH uses alder while Peavey uses Basswood. Also, Eddie tweaked every aspect of the Peavey to make the EVH model, and everything is different in some way. Some (pickups) more than others (body shape, headstock)

The EVH model uses Basswood.
I dunno abou the EVH, but the Peavey's nice.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
The Peavey's were discontinued right? The best thing to do would probably be to find someone with the peavey so I can try that out and then try out the EVH and compare the two.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
The Peavey's were discontinued right? The best thing to do would probably be to find someone with the peavey so I can try that out and then try out the EVH and compare the two.

Yes, but now you have the Peavey HP Special which is really similar to the Wolfgang. Wolfgangs aren't too hard to find.. unless there's a specific one you're trying to find.

Like in my case: currently I have a white Wolfgang that's a flat top and chrome hardware. She's nice, real nice, but I want to find one with a carved top, cream bindings and a nice green or red quilt top. I might have more luck finding a EBMM Axis.
the EVH guitars are made by fender. i think eddie was using peavey first, then went to musicman so the peavey wolfgang had to be discontinued, then he left musicman and started the EVH line of guitars. which are made by fender.

never played the (insanely) expensive EVH series, but i owned a wolfgang standard with the most amazing green flame maple top i've ever seen. very very nice guitars. the neck gets dirty quick because it's unfinished (and since it was used i wasn't a fan of that...) and the one i got smelled like the dude smoked around it for years, but it played great and sounded great. very solid guitars. i'd definitely recommend it. i sold mine because the neck was too weird for me, not small enough (like a wizard) or big enough (like my LP) and it was just too middle of the road. could never get comfortable. try to play one first, and then get one awesome guitars.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
the EVH guitars are made by fender.

Took the words right outta my mouth. GW had a nice spread on it a while back. Body and headstock designs are Fender trademarks so they must be at least a little different in design. Even the EVH logo is a Fender copyright.

Guess that would explain the outrageous price.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
the EVH guitars are made by fender. i think eddie was using peavey first, then went to musicman so the peavey wolfgang had to be discontinued, then he left musicman and started the EVH line of guitars. which are made by fender.

never played the (insanely) expensive EVH series, but i owned a wolfgang standard with the most amazing green flame maple top i've ever seen. very very nice guitars. the neck gets dirty quick because it's unfinished (and since it was used i wasn't a fan of that...) and the one i got smelled like the dude smoked around it for years, but it played great and sounded great. very solid guitars. i'd definitely recommend it. i sold mine because the neck was too weird for me, not small enough (like a wizard) or big enough (like my LP) and it was just too middle of the road. could never get comfortable. try to play one first, and then get one awesome guitars.

Actually, Eddie used EBMM before going to Peavey and then to Fender.
Quote by HoffManCometh
Actually, Eddie used EBMM before going to Peavey and then to Fender.

thanks. i never can remember that...

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
I liked the little thinner neck on the fender, it played nice! heres mine!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
I have no experience with either guitar. But from what i read on the EVH is it is supposed to be better in every way. But i dont know if the better is worth the extra money. I'd say probally not.
Quote by ksmc
I liked the little thinner neck on the fender, it played nice! heres mine!

Tobacco Sunburst? Man, I'm jealous!

i forgot i still had a picture of it and that tobacco burst is really nice!