Inspired by the similar thread, what players are technically amazing but musically poor?
The Jonas Brothers, oh wait, sorry they suck as both, never mind.
Quote by Gramble
The Jonas Brothers, oh wait, sorry they suck as both, never mind.

hurr hurr, Jonas Brothers joke.
-

Dragonforce definitely comes to mind.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
there's already a pretty big thread about this exact same thing

searchbar and find it
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Dragonforce, but from what I understand they suck live and have no rhythm which I consider part of technical ability.

Hmm... good technically and bad musically... Michael Angelo Batio, I have to say it.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

MAB and Buckethead, I'd say. I just really don't enjoy their music.
Rusty Cooley. A very skilled man, but he lacks the talent to write a great song.

Quote by D&DLover

You're wrong about Bucket Head. He's a good songwriter. Soothsayer? Binge and Grab? Also check out anything on Electric Tears. Oh, and Final Wars wars is awesome too.
Last edited by Waff at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Waff
Rusty Cooley. A very skilled man, but he lacks the talent to write a great song.

But, talent would just get in the way...
Quote by Misticalz
Dragonforce, but from what I understand they suck live and have no rhythm which I consider part of technical ability.

Hmm... good technically and bad musically... Michael Angelo Batio, I have to say it.

Dragonforce have gotten better live, plus most of the bashers have mainly seen the Graspop performance and based their opinion off of that
To MAB, I agree the vast majority of it is just wankery, but I've heard a couple songs of his that were actually really good. I think one of them was "Peace" or something like that.
Quote by Mad Marius

That was sweet, but I find he wastes notes a lot... It feels like he does those quick scale runs to be show-offy... The trick is to do it tastefully and when it's time. A good example is this solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRu7QEHkjF4 Notice how john didn't shred 'till the very end? Shredding has it's place, and it's awesome, but not when it's constantly being bombarded at the listener.
Last edited by Waff at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Waff
That was sweet, but I find he wastes notes a lot... It feels like he does those quick scale runs to be show-offy...

Yeah, probably. And if I had his skill, I'd show off too.
Quote by D&DLover

1. Buckethead can write some amazing ****, check out acoustic shards and population override.

2. what??? players but not musicians?
What I am supposed to do?